CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

I'm a Marvel stan. I would like to be a DC stan. I can go chapter and verse on what the best iteration of the Red Tornado or the Blue Beetle is. 

Still, GL was bad. I love GL about the movie was really bad. MOS was fine. BVS was bad. SS was bad. 

(Nolan Batman is great.)

People shouldn't be mad at critics. They should be mad at the restaurant that gives us overcooked burger when selling steak. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

Only one that has something to worry is WB.  Marvel Studios is like Pixar at this point, while the other studios aren't even trying to play catch up.

Not really...

The $135.1M opening ofWarner Bros.’ Suicide Squad pushed the Burbank, CA-based studio past the $1B mark for the 16th year in a row at the domestic B.O. Warner Bros. has eclipsed that mark now 17 out of the last 18 years, which is an industry record. 

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This was a really blah summer on the blockbuster front, I must say. Dory, Captain America, and Ghostbusters were the highlights for me. Everything else ranged from decent to crap.

Ghostbusters really deserves more positive attention. Too bad it suffered from a whole year of negative attention, so much so that probably too many didn't give it a chance. It was one of the few movies that I fully enjoyed this summer. The other movies I liked made a combined less than 10 million, probably, lol. Try checking out Train to Busan. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I'm still curious about Civil War's budget and how much was spent for marketing/promotion.

I bet it was a ton of money. 

Civil War's budget is officially $250m, I imagine RDJ's salary alone was a good chunk of the budget. 

4 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

I have no idea what the cost of the Marketing and Budget was for CIVIL WAR, BUT, I do know that pretty much, all MARVEL movies have recouped their budget along with making a Profit  including CIVIL WAR which sadly enough, I'm not seeing the same results for the last 3 DCEU Movies...

You think The Incredible Hulk made its budget back?

It didn't, it was Marvel's first and only flop, but a flop regardless. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Civil War's budget is officially $250m, I imagine RDJ's salary alone was a good chunk of the budget. 

RDJ's salary was 40M.

12 minutes ago, jandrew said:

That is hilarious. 2:01 shit got real. I love how they all decided to stop pretending to care and just called her out.

She has 32M followers on Instagram while my gawdesks Margot Robbie and Alexandra Daddario have a combined 6M followers on Instagram. I know this is off topic but can anyone tell me how that makes sense?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Yeah, but how much was spent for P&A?

I mean, if we're including marketing and promotion for every DC movie, it's fair that we do the same for Marvel movies.

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I mean, if we're including marketing and promotion for every DC movie, it's fair that we do the same for Marvel movies.

Probably the same as BvS. So I'd say $400M total with everything just like BvS. But unlike BvS, CW crossed the one billion dollar mark at the box office so they definitely made a profit from the box office. 

6 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Well, it made over 400M domestic and 1.1B WW.

Still, it angers me that it opened higher yet is finishing lower than IM3 despite less substantial competition and being a better movie. Guess that is the sign of franchise fatigue. Or audiences weren't in the mood for another Versus movie, regardless of how good it was, after BvS soured them.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Also unlike Batman vs Superman, Civil war kept the fans happy and wanting for more. 

Likely no more 1.5 billion hits but 1 billion films will continue to happen.

The Avengers movies keep getting more expensive and making less than each other.

Avengers had a budget of 220 million and it made more than 1.5 billio worldwide

Age of Ultron had a bigger budget ( 250 million ) and probably spent more for P&A, and it made less than Avengers.

Civil War ( yeah, might not be Avengers 3, but it's as expensive as the previous Avengers flicks ) makes less than AOU.

There's a huge chance that Infinity War makes less than AOU. You don't spend more to make less than a previous movie. Diminishing returns already happening to Avengers, and I'm a Marvel fan by the way. Let's hope the whole Infinity War part 1 or part 2 ( now it's only 1 movie, it seems ) doesn't suffer a blow at box office. 

Edited by Blaze Heatnix

You guys can be hilarious. First off, @Tele the Jet Baller was right about the whole "add 60-70M onto budgets of films you don't like" etc. Sometime's it's DC fans, sometimes it's Marvel fans, and I guess this weekend it's marvel fans.

Seriously, the last 20 pages are the equivalent of the small scrawny kid shouting dumb insults at the bully and then running away and hiding behind the corner. Yeesh.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

See?? The Problem with The INCREDIBLE HULK was the Piss Poor Reception Ang Lee's HULK from 2003 received and all too often in this world, most people don't give 2nd chances and rarely aren't as forgiving.. The INCREDIBLE HULK was a step in the right direction, but the FX also weren't quite there just yet at that time like you see the HULK now with Ruffalo.. The INCREDIBLE HULK definitely had an uphill battle to climb in getting people onboard for this character after that..

Yeah, it seems they took their time until they finally got it right with Ruffalo. I mean, third time is the charm. Let's hope the new Spider Man performs good too. 

Unless it underperforms and you guys blame it on TASM 2 reception. 

30 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

GOTG2 will destroy GoTG. People think Chris Pratt is the draw? Or the Marvel brand? The heart-warming plot? The humor? You guys give to much credit to the GA. GotG was a major success because of Groot, and how cute he is. This is the reason why Zootopia crossed 200m in China: the sloth named Flash stole the show and became a cultural event. BABY Groot could be Pixar level! Nay...Star Wars level!

IM2 did not destory IM1, TREK2(STID) did not destroy TREK1 :) (other examples like HTTYD2, SM2, KFP2)

We don't know what will happen. I was rewatching GOTG, which I had liked a lot, and it did not hold up for some reason (of course, IMO). Sometimes the novelty factor wears off.

I can see it falling short of GOTG1 or go over just a small amount, say 125-130-135/2.5x/312-325-338.

Edited by a2knet