CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

Eisenberg does a better Joker than Leto; I wouldn't mind Tele's idea if it was the other way around. Joker revealing he was Lex all along and getting Eisenberg in the Batfleck solo movie would be AMAZING

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

No buddy, they want to make good movies. They have a long term plan that is doomed to fail if they continue to release shit. At this point they already burned two potential sequels (MoS and SS) because they know those would see massive decreases if they ever happened. A sequel to MoS is salvageable if JL is well received (I am not betting on it) but a SS sequel is probably gonna stay in the can for a while. And they probably know WOM is gonna be bad for a few weeks now. What is the point of continuing the marketing in all fronts when you know a 65%+ drop is coming? Might as well just spend a few a bucks on TV spots saying Number 1 Movie in America and be done with it. 

I imagine rather a SS sequel, they'll just have a Harley Quinn/Birds of Prey spin-off film. 

27 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Wouldn't call Viola Davis' role in this "strong", lol

In the movie proper yeah she kinda sucks lol but in the marketing it looks like she'll be pretty good and that's all that matters when it comes to OW

1 minute ago, Blankments said:

Eisenberg does a better Joker than Leto; I wouldn't mind Tele's idea if it was the other way around. Joker revealing he was Lex all along and getting Eisenberg in the Batfleck solo movie would be AMAZING

I legitimately can't believe the Batfleck solo film's gonna come out after so many untested DC films, especially when you have a director as qualified as Affleck on the helm. Even moreso because he seemed to be pretty bummed out by the negative reaction to BvS, and that same creative team's gonna make a new DC film before he gets the chance to. And with the current trajectory of the DCEU, even if the Batfleck solo is the same quality as The Town/Argo/Gone Baby Gone it's likely gonna make less than expected due to the near-toxic level WOM of BvS and Suicide Squad.

FINALLY got to catch SS this afternoon.  Oi.  I D K.  Overall I think it's a hot mess.  Narratively it's kind of insane and not in a good way.  The villain is one of the weirdest approaches I've ever seen a comic book adaptation take.  Whoever cut the trailer deserves a damn Oscar because they were able to make a trailer for a movie that didn't exist.  All this being said, I thought parts of it WERE fun.  Margot Robbie kicks ass.  She's a knockout and honestly I thought Will Smith really committed to this.  I think I would give it a C/C+.  It's not as awful as I was expecting but I'm confused as hell as to how they thought this was going to work with the narrative they built.

Edited by RyneOh1040

6 minutes ago, Blankments said:

In the movie proper yeah she kinda sucks lol but in the marketing it looks like she'll be pretty good and that's all that matters when it comes to OW

She's not bad or anything she's just barely in it

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Batman v Superman is supposedly the sequel to MoS. Why people forget that is beyond me. 

Yes I know, which just proves my point.

• Like 1