CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

Holy shit, mid 30s is abysmal for today. :sadben:Looks like audiences do in fact agree with the critics. I really think this could have been a turning point for DCEU and been massive, the OD for this kind of movie alone shows how willing the GA were to get behind this one. But they fucked up huge again. I just have no faith in this franchise anymore. If Wonder Woman sucks, put the final nail in the coffin and RIP. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

They do:

Hide contents

They just completely misrepresent her role (I assumed this whole time was she part of the Suicide Squad). lmao.

Yeah, even the main poster shows her along with the squad. Quite misleading.

26 minutes ago, TLK said:

If this only makes $700 million WW with bad buzz would they even risk a sequel that can potentially drop 30-40% ?

700 million seems doubtful. Man of Steel numbers at most which could green light a sequel since is a 175 million budget film.

1 minute ago, Heat Vision said:

700 million seems doubtful. Man of Steel numbers at most which could green light a sequel since is a 175 million budget film.

$600m might be in doubt with no China.  It could do $250/$350 and the way it's heading in SK, Russia, Brazil, France, Australia etc - crashing after the opening day $350m might be pushing it.

FWIW, the Audience Score over at Flixter/Rotten Tomatoes has dropped to 73 from an initial 75.  Not huge movement, and not dropping as fast as BvS, but still dropping down.  

As an aside, still not sure how the initial ratings before the movie goes live are counted in the overall score, or if they count at all.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if word has gotten out widespread that the movie doesn't deliver even as it was promised. It reeks of a movie that got hacked to death in the editing room.

Of course it was. It was meant to be a darker movie that after the BvS reaction it got totally changed in the editing room. Fucking Trailer Park. Fucking WB.

10 minutes ago, jandrew said:

SS was brought to life by social media, now its gonna die by social media.

He who lives by the tweet, dies by the tweet.

-  Agamemnon, if he lived today, probably.

• Like 3