CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

IIRC, Baumer didn't even think SS was hitting 100 OW, os again he'll probably still say what an amazing achievement this is, blah blah blah. 

Anything is amazing out of proper context. If I go tell some random person on the street that an indie movie they've never heard of made millions of dollars this weekend they'd probably be in awe and think that was huge. 

$130m is HUGE. I mean, c'mon. It's breaking the August record by 30m+. How can you deride that?

• Like 4

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, Blankments said:

I honestly might have enjoyed Fantastic Four more than Suicide Squad, sorry guys :/

Why apologize?

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

IIRC, Baumer didn't even think SS was hitting 100 OW, os again he'll probably still say what an amazing achievement this is, blah blah blah. 

Anything is amazing out of proper context. If I go tell some random person on the street that an indie movie they've never heard of made millions of dollars this weekend they'd probably be in awe and think that was huge. 

I'll just say that SS hitting $100 million OW in August is amazing even in context. It's a pretty great accomplishment for the WB marketing team. Likewise, the drop on Saturday is amazing albeit for the opposite reasons.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

$130m is HUGE. I mean, c'mon. It's breaking the August record by 30m+. How can you deride that?

its about to fall off a cliff though, i wonder if it will do worse than BVS's multiplier

Edited by Ozymandias

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

Why apologize?

I'll just say that SS hitting $100 million OW in August is amazing even in context. It's a pretty great accomplishment for the WB marketing team. Likewise, the drop on Saturday is amazing albeit for the opposite reasons.

Ok yeah, it's an amazing accomplishment for the WB marketing team I agree. They pulled the wool over a whole lot of us, and upsold away, so they know what they're doing. The sneaky bastards. 

5 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

T-Mobile is a wild card for sure. Certainly seems like it was a bigger factor than most of us expected.

Did someone say...

Wal Mart?

• Like 5

Just now, Nova said:

Guys imagine if it has another like 40% drop from Saturday to Sunday. Imagine what would happen to these boards? They'd crash and drop. 

A 40% drop on Sunday would be about the most alarming daily pattern I've ever seen.

There's no way it's gonna happen, but I do think there's a decent chance tomorrow will be below Guardians's $25.5M first Sunday.

• Like 1