Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

1 hour ago, jandrew said:

Early Twitter reactions seemed to be mixed to good. Lots of hyperbolic greats, but lots of confused and concerned tweets as well. 

Is it true SP's message is pro-atheism?

It's one of the most blatantly pro-atheism films I've seen in mainstream theaters.  And as a liberal, evangelical Christian I loved it.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

Ricki and the flash took in 200k on thursday for a 6.6m weekend last year.

Meryl is going to get circled and jerked this weekend at the box office.

Did you know? Florence foster Jenkins favorite soup was Cream of Sum Yung Gai. 

Riki previews in 17% more theaters so I'm going to hope Florence does 17% more business since 1) the movie has better review and 2) it's better for my Derby

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Riki previews in 17% more theaters so I'm going to hope Florence does 17% more business since 1) the movie has better review and 2) it's better for my Derby

A society woman that can't sing doesn't sound very good. It's a BBC production with Hugh Grant and only did 1m in UK open.  6-6.5m. Your derby is screwed. 

:P

Just now, No Prisoners said:

A society woman that can't sing doesn't sound very good. It's a BBC production with Hugh Grant and only did 1m in UK open.  6-6.5m. Your derby is screwed. 

:P

Ricki & The Flash only opened to $334,055 in the UK and according to BOM stayed there, and Hugh Grant ain't the stammering British Totty and B.O. pull in the UK he used to be. :P

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Gopher said:

For anyone else moaning and groaning over how few movies making money this summer felt original or daring.. well, this one feels pretty good

I might go again this weekend so I can watch it with another audience.

I see what you did there :ph34r:

• Like 1