Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

Deadline and Variety predicting $15M OW....off of $3.3M previews. This should be the time when they realize that updating their articles completely and not just inserting numbers is actually important. Because wow they look dumb. :rofl:

It's just too early in L.A. for them to care.  B)

it's obvious it's only going to get $15 mil for the weekend since it will be the most frontloaded Friday ever.  OD will be around $5 so a true day of about $1.7 mil, it will do around $6 on Saturday and around $4 on Sunday.  It's simple math 

:P

yeah they do need to learn to take out some numbers when they update articles or stuff like this happens lol 

• Like 1

3.3... that's kinda small for a sausage don't you think? Was hoping more for 7-8M.

So how many weird sexual puns do you guys think the industry will use to report their numbers this weekend?

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

This may seem crazy but I think there is a small chance it opens about the same as Ted ($54.1M) 

I wouldn't get too optimistic at this point. I would say 12-13M+ is possible for today, but I'm still just going to shoot for 30M weekend.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CJohn said:

30M is locked. 40M is possible. Beating SS for 1st place is possible too. MESS.

No.

Squad has held somewhat better than I expected so I believe the 70% drop is completely off the table. Now, I'm thinking it lands somewhere between $40M and $45M this weekend... Likely smack dab in between the two figures. Either way, Sausage will not gross that much. Then again, I'd love to see it happen!

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

3.3... that's kinda small for a sausage don't you think? Was hoping more for 7-8M.

So how many weird sexual puns do you guys think the industry will use to report their numbers this weekend?

I dunno. But they're gonna try to blow our minds, that's for sure. :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Maybe it's a typo and Deadline's actually predicting a $15M OD for Sausage?

:ohmyzod:

No, they are really insane. The latest...

B.O. Analysts say though that there’s no correlation between Thursday night previews and the weekend, hence the naughty toon is look to tip $20M in the face of Warner Bros.’ August behemoth Suicide Squad which is looking at $51M-$54M. With a film like Sausage Party, late night showtimes are lucrative.

http://deadline.com/2016/08/weekend-box-office-suicide-squad-sausage-party-petes-dragon-1201802677/

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1