Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

1 minute ago, jandrew said:

Early Twitter reactions seemed to be mixed to good. Lots of hyperbolic greats, but lots of confused and concerned tweets as well. 

Is it true SP's message is pro-atheism?

Yeah, I remember hearing about this too weeks ago. I wonder if it can hurt legs.

5 minutes ago, lobogotti said:

It'll do better than 10x the Thursday IMO.  12x - 15x is more likely.  I lean more towards the higher side of that.  $40M+ is in play.

No, it's clearly going to do make $145m this weekend. Zootopia made $1.7m on Thursday previews and had a $75m OW. This also means that Sausage Party will make at least $650m dom if it follows the Zootopia trajectory.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

:ph34r:

Edited by cannastop

2 minutes ago, jandrew said:

Early Twitter reactions seemed to be mixed to good. Lots of hyperbolic greats, but lots of confused and concerned tweets as well. 

Spoiler

Kinda. It's pretty much don't blindly believe what people tell you without rational thought, but to also respect other people's beliefs.

• Like 7

Bad Moms had 2M previews and 23.8M OW.

Same ratio will give SP ~39M but that sounds bit much.

But even with more front-loading ~30M sounds safe.

Edited by a2knet

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I have a hard time seeing major front-loading.  this film is taboo and it will be infectious WOM.  Bad Moms is definitely "wait for the girls" to go and see, which is why it dropped in the first weekend and has picked up/held well since.  Twitter is blowing up with "must see" this film.

I definitely feel like $40M is in play here, but maybe I'm severely wrong.

• Like 2

It seems nowadays that if you are pro anything in a film people wonder if it's going to turn a certain segment of the population off. Pro God? That will piss people off Pro atheist? That will piss people off pro agnostic? That will piss people off. Everything is going to piss off somebody, so who cares?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I see. Itll be interesting to see how the GA takes it all. Early, early WOM seems standardly okay for a preview audience.

12 minutes ago, jandrew said:

Spoiler

It's more pro live in the moment and appreciate what's in front of you than a full-stop promotion of atheism.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Moms was a comedy aimed towards females(25-30 year olds) the 30 and up crowd saw it on the weekend. While the 25 and younger crowd went to see it for an alternative film on Thursday night. Sausage Party is a film that people will be curious to see because it's an animated R-rated film which is rarely seen in today's day and age. But a $30 million opening wouldn't be bad, but I would like to see $35+ million OW.

• Like 1