Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

19 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

If Deadline is correct about their predictions for Suicide Squad, they're basically saying

Suicide Squad 2nd weekend: 13, 16, 13 ~= 42 and a 1st place finish

vs

Man of Steel 2nd weekend: 12.5, 16, 12.5 ~= 41 and a 3rd place finish

vs

Guardians of the Galaxy 2nd weekend: 12, 17, 13 ~= 42 and a 2nd place finish

Top two will be considered toxic WOM, and the last example is the best WOM of any MCU movie according to some detractors. Anybody want to make the conclusion that maybe the DCEU films are doing as expected, very consistently, and following a front-loaded pattern based on heavy excitement from a built-in fan-base with similar re-watch pattern and consistently similar pattern of new curious GA? The three DCEU films will have consistently had the same amount of legs (160-170m) following record breaking OWs.

I don't think SS or MoS have toxic WOM. MoS didn't have good WOM but it wasn't toxic either. And SS the film still has a long way to go. But even then the audience ratings on SS and MoS aren't the same as GOTG

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I still cant believe people thought Pets was gonna have poor legs lol.

Pets and CI are the only two films I nailed this summer (gross wise, not where they finish in terms of number one or two and so on).  Everything else, I kind of tanked on...oh, and Ghostbusters...called that one too.

• Like 1

If DORY which did not have great late legs will add 20m after a 7.2m weekend (assuming it ends it's run at 480 once dollar bump and what not is done),

PETS should add much more after a 9.4m weekend. It's only 20 away from IO. ~26 away from TJB. ~32 away from DM2.

MINIONS and IO added 33+ after their respective ~7.4m weekends. So for PETS to add ~32 after a 9.4m weekend is possible.

PETS is going over TJB/DP IMO, with a shot at DM2.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

As for SS, it seems to be mirroring BvS somewhat. I remember that week, most people said that it weekdays were strong enough to rule out a 65%+ drop... and then it bumped less than 100% on Friday. I guess the lesson is that these big movies (especially those in IMAX) are always going to have relatively good weekdays due to spillover demand spreading to the weekdays. But once the second weekend hits, if they don't have high enough rewatch value or aren't recommended enough, they drop off the map. Shoutout @Lordmandeep since if i'm not mistaken, he predicted a somewhat muted Friday bump. Also, proboffice.com are yet again going to be the winners on this weekend's prediction for  SS with their pessimisitic $38.5m. The good news is that SS has Summer weekdays (although its weekdays will get progressively weeker as Schools keep opening) allowing to it settle with a 2.1 to 2.2 multi.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, efialtes76 said:

:rolleyes:

Yeah i still can't believe a poster like Thrylos can just keep on trolling. I mean all his posts is basically hateful posts against DC. There us no basis in them at all. Its all laughable hate coming from him. First he said SS will not even make 200 million when nothing even indicated that. Now he says it will not even make 250 million. Why has this person not been banned yet. He is basically as toic as them from imdb to this forum. SS is gonna gonna have same legs as CW likely. He basically says CW is toxic with his hypocritical views against SS.. I mean what in the hell is wrong with him

• Like 1

Just now, mredman said:

Yeah i still can't believe a poster like Thrylos can just keep on trolling. I mean all his posts is basically hateful posts against DC. There us no basis in them at all. Its all laughable hate coming from him. First he said SS will not even make 200 million when nothing even indicated that. Now he says it will not even make 250 million. Why has this person not been banned yet. He is basically as toic as them from imdb to this forum. SS is gonna gonna have same legs as CW likely. He basically says CW is toxic with his hypocritical views against SS.. I mean what in the hell is wrong with him

Hey, on a scale from 1 to 10, how would you rate SS's WOM ?  (Let's say 10 is reserved for Stuff like Titanic and such)

I'm just trying to do a little experiment here so don't think I'm being malicious or anything please

3 minutes ago, Quigley said:

Unfortunately, I have a feeling SLOP might beat DM2. (not that I care about DM2, but that means it will beat IO, TJB and DP and rank #3 for 2016)

#4 ... RO, DORY, CW :)

Amazing performance.

46 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I still cant believe people thought Pets was gonna have poor legs lol.

Yea, pets have four legs, which means that even if the individual legs are relatively weak, the overall number of them should still be able to trek a long distance. 

Edited by BluRayHiDef
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UrosepsisFace said:

If Deadline is correct about their predictions for Suicide Squad, they're basically saying

Suicide Squad 2nd weekend: 13, 16, 13 ~= 42 and a 1st place finish

vs

Man of Steel 2nd weekend: 12.5, 16, 12.5 ~= 41 and a 3rd place finish

vs

Guardians of the Galaxy 2nd weekend: 12, 17, 13 ~= 42 and a 2nd place finish

Top two will be considered toxic WOM, and the last example is the best WOM of any MCU movie according to some detractors. Anybody want to make the conclusion that maybe the DCEU films are doing as expected, very consistently, and following a front-loaded pattern based on heavy excitement from a built-in fan-base with similar re-watch pattern and consistently similar pattern of new curious GA? The three DCEU films will have consistently had the same amount of legs (160-170m) following record breaking OWs.

Another attempt to state that DCEU has bad legs to built in fan base not poor wom.

Nice try. BTW, the wom for MOS was average, not toxic like bvs and SS (very likely)

Edited by jb007
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, jb007 said:

Do you even read what you type?

SS opened 39 mil. higher than GOTG and MOS opened 34 mil. Higher and the 2nd weekend grosses of both will be about what GOTG did in its 2nd weekend. 

If that doesn't clue you in as to why GOTG was considered to have good legs, then nothing will.

In the context of a comparison between SS and GotG, I don't think it matters whether or not SS's 2nd weekend is roughly equal to that of GotG if the overall haul is bigger. However, projections seem to indicate that it will be smaller, so...:(

3 minutes ago, jb007 said:

Do you even read what you type?

SS opened 39 mil. higher than GOTG and MOS opened 34 mil. Higher and the 2nd weekend grosses of both will be about what GOTG did in its 2nd weekend. 

If that doesn't clue you in as to why GOTG was considered to have good legs, then nothing will.

Not to mention Suicide Squad will very likely be the third straight DCEU movie to have a higher opening than Guardians of the Galaxy but have a lower domestic total.

• Like 8