Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

15 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

Rth is in a position to see the raw data as it comes in. That's as much as he prefers to be known about him. Baumer met him a couple of years ago in Toronto and I had the chance to meet him a little while back here in LA.

In other words, he's James Cameron. I understand. 

1 hour ago, BluRayHiDef said:

I'd really like to know what Rth does for a living and subsequently how he gains this knowledge before us commoners. I've been told that he can't or won't divulge, but I'd like to know why.

All I've heard is that he has access to the raw data and that's the most we can know about it. 

In fact, that makes him sound even more omniscient. :ph34r:

• Like 1

13.35 + 17.8 (33.3%) + 12.85 (-27.8%) = 44 (-67.1%)

Hope it can do 45 but Sundays will keep on slowly moving towards low 30% as summer comes to a close.

So unless Fri goes up a bit and Sat ends up at 18+, 45 is tough. Doesn't make much difference though. 

Same story as yesterday :). Can't see below MOS and is on track for 292-308 IMO.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

I don't know if it's hit cable but it hasn't hit Netflix and the other MCU films were pulled awhile ago.  They should be back with  the Netflix/Disney deal though by I think the end of this year.

No, that deal is for 2016 Disney releases and onward.

54 minutes ago, a2knet said:

13.35 + 17.8 (33.3%) + 12.85 (-27.8%) = 44 (-67.1%)

Hope it can do 45 but Sundays will keep on slowly moving towards low 30% as summer comes to a close.

So unless Fri goes up a bit and Sat ends up at 18+, 45 is tough. Doesn't make much difference though. 

Same story as yesterday :). Can't see below MOS and is on track for 292-308 IMO.

I would wait for final stateside/foreign numbers since those are the ones that are the real tale of the tape.

SP showed a good 11% growth from true Friday. 

Being an OW the Sunday drop could be better (20-25%) than other movies (25-30%),

though in the 2nd Weekend of August tough to match BAD MOMS 17.3% Sunday OW drop.

3.25 + 10.25 + 11.4 (+11.2%) + 8.6 (-24.6%) = 33.5

3.25 + 10.25 + 11.4 (+11.2%) + 9.1 (-20.2%) = 34.0

2.00 + 7.54 + 7.81 (+3.6%) + 6.46  (-17.3%)= 23.81 (BAD MOMS OW)

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

So most had predicted Suicide Squad would be around 225m after this weekend. Looks on course for approximately that number. Now comes the interesting part. Most have been predicting it will get to around 265m after next weekend, on course to break 300m.  This upcoming week should include the point when GotG begins to have better day-to-day numbers.

Btw, I'm part of the faction of people who didn't really like the movie, but doesn't think it's being killed by toxic word of mouth. The three films of this franchise has shown consistency of strong opening weekends, and very similar pattern afterwards. The end results are the same, approximately 300m. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

So most had predicted Suicide Squad would be around 225m after this weekend. Looks on course for approximately that number. Now comes the interesting part. Most have been predicting it will get to around 265m after next weekend, on course to break 300m.  This upcoming week should include the point when GotG begins to have better day-to-day numbers.

Btw, I'm part of the faction of people who didn't really like the movie, but doesn't think it's being killed by toxic word of mouth. The three films of this franchise has shown consistency of strong opening weekends, and very similar pattern afterwards. The end results are the same, approximately 300m. 

Means little if budgets of the last two entries are so high you have to do 930 million for BVS or 750-800 million for SS to break even. BVS fell short, will SS too or not? Stay tuned!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

44m  will take it to 223m.

60% drop from last week's Mon-Thu will give it 18m weekdays.

Thinking 20m (-54.5%) next weekend will give it a cume of 223 + 18 + 20 = 261m

So we have the coming Mon-Sun as 18 + 20  = 38.

50% drop for the following Mon-Sun is 19m, for a cume of 261 + 19 = 280m.

50% drops subsequently for all Mon-Sun until the dollar bump, and that bump will take it to ~300m (or very close so WB will help it).

But it will have at least a few better drops, especially Labor Day weekend so 300m+ is well on track.

You seem like a wise guy :lol:

I feel BVS's wom was negative (though I thought it was a decent 6.5/10 movie) because it was showing those drops without summer weekdays taking away from the weekend (unlike with SS).

SS so far certainly does not show negative wom. Mixed at most, like with MOS.

Edited by a2knet

Of course it means something. First of all the 750-800 number is bogus. That's way too high. And second....you know what? Never mind. There's no point in trying to say anything. Those of you who hate it have made up your mind and youre now just throwing out imaginary figures and stating bogus facts on what you think it should be doing. There's all kinds of different reasons why Suicide Squad is going to be a success and part of it only part of it has to do with what it makes at the box office.

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

There's all kinds of different reasons why Suicide Squad is going to be a success and part of it only part of it has to do with what it makes at the box office.

What are the other parts of it?