Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

21 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Being the number 1 movie worldwide in 2016 is a sign of franchise fatigue, right ?

Because it had Iron Man, it was supposed to do 1,5 B WW because a law has been written somewhere that says it, right ?

Never change BOT.

1.1 billion is low for a semi-Avengers movie.

2.2x is poor legs for a critically acclaimed semi-Avengers movie.

I love Marvel but these are just facts.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

Who doesn't? I thought with the amount of time people spend on this forum, we're all affluent enough to discuss movie box office rather than having to work.

The teens of BOT don't. Also, no one spends every waking minute of their life on this site.

1 minute ago, alisson23 said:

It's not much different from people who thinks a movie with 2.27x multis had "GREAT WOM" :rofl:

You know, I believe CW had great WOM. Suicide Squad has mixed. Both were successful. The low multis are due to nature of the movies and extreme front-loading. Ant-Man can have a larger multi as it acts as a movie with less anticipation and is basically a children's film requiring family participation.

• Like 1

Just now, Haley Ross said:

I do. It had one of Marvel's lower grosses, but it also had one of Marvel's lower budgets. Not to mention a sequel was announced roughly only three months after it was released. 

The movie made money.  Come on, it was totally a solid success.  My come on is directed to whomever you were responding to, you are correct.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

DC haters are the worst. They're always the ones starting this shit. There are a lot of Marvel and DC fans that are wonderful, smart and reasonable people.

Oh, you're making me blush.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

The teens of BOT don't. Also, no one spends every waking minute of their life on this site.

In that case, I'm willing to extend the bet to those who can't afford it as much to $1k and I'll even give a 10:1 odds plus Green Tomato stipulations. Good deal. Risk 1k for possibly enough money to buy an okay used car? 

The way people here at BOT compare multipliers for movies that opened  with

205m OW

180m OW

150m OW

125m OW

95m OW

60m OW

30m OW

15m OW

is absolutely BEYOND me, it makes absolutely NO fucking sense, yet, that s what you all can't stop babbling about.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UrosepsisFace said:

In that case, I'm willing to extend the bet to those who can't afford it as much to $1k and I'll even give a 10:1 odds plus Green Tomato stipulations. Good deal. Risk 1k for possibly enough money to buy an okay used car? 

Just forget making a bet over something so wasteful. Not worth it.

• Like 1

Sausage Party doing well is great news in general also for animation. Willing to bet we'll see more adult-oriented animation, even if it is still comedy. Hopefully some of the big TV names start pitching ideas because their chances just got a whole lot better.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

YOu re right, Civil War should have made 2B Ww to be considred a box office success, then.

My bad.

It's successful in the sense that it will bring tons of profit for Disney, but it is not that successful in the sense that it dropped 50 million from AoU (which already dropped almost 170m from TA) despite near perfect reception. And all these films were kindly received by audiences, imagine when they actually produce a bad movie.

Don't get me wrong, the MCU is still is a great place, box office wise, but CW performance should signal a red light. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Just forget making a bet over something so wasteful. Not worth it.

Ah my friend, if you enjoy your work, then making money is the same as enjoying life. Wasting money just gives you an opportunity to work more, which isn't a problem if you enjoy it. If I won 100k, I'd be tempted to Coming-to-America it, just for fun.