Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

BTW there were no kids at my SP showing. I think Sony did a great job getting the message out there.

Not to mention, any parent taking their kid to a movie called Sausage Party is bringing it on themselves.

9 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Please, I would like to know your opinion about Lights Out if that isn't too much to ask. Didn't you loved the creativity with

Reveal hidden contents

I would never thought of it. 

The ending was the best part of it. The creativity with that and

the headlights

was legitimately cool. That said, the last five minutes did something that for the first time watching a movie of this year felt "problematic" to me so much it actually hurt my overall rating lol. Just another 3/5 movie of the summer for me; joins Tarzan, Nine Lives, Bourne, Star Trek, Ghostbusters, SLOP, and Central Intelligence in the "it was good I guess" category.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Hide contents

the headlights

was legitimately cool. That said, the last five minutes did something that for the first time watching a movie of this year felt "problematic" to me so much it actually hurt my overall rating lol. Just another 3/5 movie of the summer for me; joins Tarzan, Nine Lives, Bourne, Star Trek, Ghostbusters, SLOP, and Central Intelligence in the "it was good I guess" category.

What

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Hide contents

the headlights

Maria Bello's character killing herself to save their son and daughter could be seen coming from a mile away if that is your problem. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

I forgot you were even gonna check it out. Glad you liked it!

Yeah of course I was going to! I just wanted to watch it away from all the backlash to go into it more unbiased.

I actually liked it a lot better then Suicide Squad. Like way more. I definitely did not expect that.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

Fantastic second weekend for SS. DC really pulled off a GotG box office wise. DCCU is off to a spectacular start after three movies and laid promising base for future projects. Now need to focus on producing a better JLA film than BvS was and improve internationally.

1 minute ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Fantastic second weekend for SS. DC really pulled off a GotG box office wise. DCCU is off to a spectacular start after three movies and laid promising base for future projects. Now need to focus on producing a better JLA film than BvS was and improve internationally.

lol

2 hours ago, lupinw45 said:

Bad legs or not, WB is making loads on these films once you take into account placements, merchandise, video sales, etc... up to 200 plus million.

I guess you can say DC characters are more well known than Marvel's, maybe because of all the TV shows and cartoons they have had over the past 3 or so decades.

Only Batman and Superman and their associated characters are more famous then any Marvel character, and they make up less then 10% of DC characters in total.

4 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Only Batman and Superman and their associated characters are more famous then any Marvel character, and they make up less then 10% of DC characters in total.

Spider-Man is probably on the same level. Wolverine was always popular too.

Everything below these (before the movies) was a non-entity to the GA.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, K1stpierre said:

I'm legit shocked that not only did Sausage Party open up amazing, but it's even getting great reviews on R?!  I might actually go see this movie. Has anyone here seen it yet?

Lol, yes Kelli, many here saw it. It's pretty good, very funny and extremely fucked up.

Edited by Jayhawk
  • Like 1