kayumanggi

Tuesday Numbers | 6.25 M SUICIDE SQUAD

9 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

Again, Scarlet Witch used possession in Age of Ultron as well.

I just don't see how Suicide Squad can be banned because the Enchantress is a witch who used possession when you have a character like Scarlet Witch who can use possession as well in another movie that passed the censors.

Most likely: SS got banned for another reason, not Enchantress.:depp:

I don't recall her ever being called Scarlett Witch in the movies. She is just called Wanda. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RandomJC said:

I don't recall her ever being called Scarlett Witch in the movies. She is just called Wanda. 

I actually don't think they're allowed to call her that since its her x-men name I believe and they cant use that or the term mutant 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, iHeartJames said:

I actually don't think they're allowed to call her that since its her x-men name I believe and they cant use that or the term mutant 

This would make sense. The entire thing with her and her brother is so weird to me how that works, as far as legal rights.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

This would make sense. The entire thing with her and her brother is so weird to me how that works, as far as legal rights.

Yeah its a little ridicolous that they're called I believe inhanced humans and if im correct they actually retconned that so its now canon comic book wise that she isn't a mutant anymore 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iHeartJames said:

Yeah its a little ridicolous that they're called I believe inhanced humans and if im correct they actually retconned that so its now canon comic book wise that she isn't a mutant anymore 

Their story is easily the most confusing origin story ever...

12 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

Gods, going to test my knowledge, but I think she's bounced back and forth between being mutant or not for a while. And I don't know what her current backstory is in the comics. I know she's in a weird area of being more associated with the Avengers, but technically a mutant. Which is why she can appear in both universes.

Though just by looking at the MCU and Fox-Men, there may have been an under the table agreement to split the children between studios.

1 hour ago, BluRayHiDef said:

35-40% Domestic.

60-65% International. 

Suicide Squad? It won't be anywhere near that. 

Germany and Japan are the only largish territories left, with no release in China.

Domestic/International split last weekend was 48%/52%. Final international split will be somewhere between 53-55%.  My guess is 54%

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, kswiston said:

Germany and Japan are the only largish territories left, with no release in China.

Domestic/International split last weekend was 48%/52%. Final international split will be somewhere between 53-55%.  My guess is 54%

It won't make more than $15m in Japan.

10 minutes ago, kswiston said:

it will have better legs internally than domestic for sure. its already at 52% and so existing markets itself will take it to 55% at worst. Germany + Japan + Austria + greece can add another 5% to overall gross. So around 60-40 split is likely.

4 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

it will have better legs internally than domestic for sure. its already at 52% and so existing markets itself will take it to 55% at worst. Germany + Japan + Austria + greece can add another 5% to overall gross. So around 60-40 split is likely.

A 60-40 split assuming this makes $300M domestic is not going to happen. That would mean SS is making $450M internationally....and without China yea like I said it's not going to happen. A 55-45 split is more likely. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, iHeartJames said:

She is called a witch in AOU.

When Hulk is destroying everything, Stark says it was the witch messing up with his mind...

2 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

She is called a witch in AOU.

When Hulk is destroying everything, Stark says it was the witch messing up with his mind...

That's more a nod to the character, and letting Stark get away with calling her a WBitch.