kayumanggi

Tuesday Numbers | 6.25 M SUICIDE SQUAD

3 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Because it sucks Baumer :) 54-55% drop should happen. Worst movie i've seen this year

Well I'm just going by what jumps looked like the year gotg played. So jumps could be lower no doubt. But I think it will do 21 for sure. 

• Like 1

Just now, cannastop said:

Huge jump for Pete's Dragon!

In fact all kids movies jumped huge. School is definitely in in some parts of the country.

14 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

It won't play in China for the same reason gb and ss didn't it has magic

You really think it's gonna get banned from China.

I figured Disney good boxoffice runs and relationships would get it a China release.

14 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

It won't play in China for the same reason gb and ss didn't it has magic

SS isn't released in China because of its dark tone and violent theme (and it supposedly promotes immorality), not because it has magic. And I don't think magic in DS is much different from magic in Harry Potter, so I think China won't be a problem.

3 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

SS isn't released in China because of its dark tone and violent theme (and it supposedly promotes immorality), not because it has magic. And I don't think magic in DS is much different from magic in Harry Potter, so I think China won't be a problem.

Quite ironic now considering the movie is neither dark nor violent. 

57 minutes ago, BluRayHiDef said:

I haven't seen any movie based on Marvel characters (Deadpool, Civil War) in theaters this year...yet. Dr. Strange will be my first and only because it's so different from the others.

The only movies in the MCU...the only movie in the MCU that I've seen in theaters is Avengers (2012). All of the other ones I've seen on home video or television. 

The only movies in the FOX-Men-CU that I've seen in theaters are X2, X-Men: First Class, and X-Men: Apocalypse.

However, so far I've seen every movie in the DCEU in theaters.

For some people, there are too many CBMs to spread their love for comic-book characters around, so they prioritize the ones that interest them the most. In other cases, they're just not interested in a particular property strongly enough to bother going to a theater.

Uh, X Men is Marvel :lol: 

13 minutes ago, BluRayHiDef said:

Just out of curiosity, how do blockbusters that open on discount Tuesday fair on opening day and how do the subsequent days stack up?

BOM has only 17 movies listed as opening on Tuesday since 1982 lol

Of those 17, 11 opened in December and had some pretty good legs as happens in that month. 

The two biggest Tue openers are Amazing Spider-Man and Transformers 1 both of which opened the week of 4th of July. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

BOM has only 17 movies listed as opening on Tuesday since 1982 lol

Of those 17, 11 opened in December and had some pretty good legs as happens in that month. 

The two biggest Tue openers are Amazing Spider-Man and Transformers 1 both of which opened the week of 4th of July. 

Considering hiw big discount Tuesday has become, I wonder whether or not a blockbuster that is released on Tuesday in the Summer would earn more on its first Tuesday than its first Friday.

Edited by BluRayHiDef
  • Like 1

I have said this ever since the very first weekend and that is the third weekend is the one that determines how word of mouth is. If Suicide Squad Falls something drastic this weekend then you can definitely say that the word of mouth is very poor. But if it drops somewhat normally and then I think you can point to it and just say that it's obviously not fantastic but far from brutal. I'm expecting around a 50% drop, only have a few days left before we find out.