kayumanggi

Tuesday Numbers | 6.25 M SUICIDE SQUAD

51 minutes ago, Nova said:

SS got banned in China because of Enchantress, a witch. Ghostbusters got banned because of the ghosts. 

Deadpool got banned in China, because they couldn't edit things out of the film to make it less violent/more appealing to every age group since china doesnt have a rating system every film that gets a release there, has to be deemed appropriate for all ages by their rating system. 

SS didn't get banned in China because of "language," and "violence." 

Last we heard Sony hadn't submitted Ghostbusters for a China release at all

http://deadline.com/2016/07/sony-ghostbusters-china-release-1201786088/

Can't find any sources that say Suicide Squad was ever submitted.

1 hour ago, Nova said:

SS got banned in China because of Enchantress, a witch. Ghostbusters got banned because of the ghosts. 

Deadpool got banned in China, because they couldn't edit things out of the film to make it less violent/more appealing to every age group since china doesnt have a rating system every film that gets a release there, has to be deemed appropriate for all ages by their rating system. 

SS didn't get banned in China because of "language," and "violence." 

:jeb!:

How is Enchantress a witch and Scarlet Witch not a witch? CW wasn't banned.

I'm legitimately confused.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Last we heard Sony hadn't submitted Ghostbusters for a China release at all

http://deadline.com/2016/07/sony-ghostbusters-china-release-1201786088/

Can't find any sources that say Suicide Squad was ever submitted.

Members on our board @Oliveand others have confirmed both films were banned because of their spirtutal tones (the magic/Enchantress in SS and ghosts in ghostbusters) in the films. 

However, I tagged Olive so he can clarify because I may have misunderstood the posts. 

11 minutes ago, Nova said:

Members on our board @Oliveand others have confirmed both films were banned because of their spirtutal tones (the magic/Enchantress in SS and ghosts in ghostbusters) in the films. 

However, I tagged Olive so he can clarify because I may have misunderstood the posts. 

I heard language and violent behavior.

I really need to know Because some are saying that WB is advertising the flim over there.

I'm like you I need clarification.

8 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

I heard language and violent behavior.

I really need to know Because some are saying that WB is advertising the flim over there.

I'm like you I need clarification.

It's not being released over there. 

300 Very much alive but it's obviously going to be a crawl.    Looking like a 2.2-2.3x (292-305) range but I think 300 can happen because of Labor Day weekend.   Anyways that's pretty good for this title in all honesty even with the Bats/Joker dynamic.   So "MOS" is definitely in trouble and will make "SS" a Top 4 DC Film all Time Non-Adjusted (TDK, TDKR, BVS).   So now SS will be one of DC's biggest titles ever.   Not Bad for the bad guys. 

Edited by filmscholar

28 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Am I still the only person here who's seen Nine Lives? I've thought about that movie at least 10x more than I've thought about Suicide Squad. Y'all should go

ninelives0001.jpg

If I got cancer, I'd think about that a lot as well. Still not recommended.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Nova said:

As someone else said, why wasn't Warcraft banned?

2 hours ago, Gopher said:

Am I still the only person here who's seen Nine Lives? I've thought about that movie at least 10x more than I've thought about Suicide Squad. Y'all should go

ninelives0001.jpg

I'll be seeing it.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Yeah, I don't get that either. Perhaps because it's a movie based on a game? I don't know.

Will Doctor Strange be banned in China too? 

Because WoW is incredibly popular in China, so they weren't banning that movie.