WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 62): Suicide Squad 20.9M | Sausage Party 15.5M | War Dogs 14.7M | Kubo 12.6M | Pete's Dragon 11.3M | Ben Hur 11.2M

17 minutes ago, ThatOneWardog said:

So...the critics were paid??

Not saying  anything of the sort.Me and my lady didn't enjoy it.

If you think about it The tiger displayed enough intelligence to not leap to his death.

Edited by Brainiac5

10 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

The two leads in War Dogs are the two most unappealing actors working today, IMO. 

Teller I do find unappealing, but Jonah Hill came out of most reviews as the best thing about the movie.

Deadline

http://deadline.com/2016/08/ben-hur-war-dogs-suicide-squad-sausage-party-weekend-box-office-1201805947/

Suicide Squad is on course to secure $19M-$20M

Sausage Party is going to upset it, it’s going to take a pretty hefty Friday, but as of right now the R-rated animated feature will cook $17M, -50% in second for a 10-day take of $67M.

Ben-Hur‘s wheels are coming off with $10M-$12M for the weekend after a $3M-$3.5M Friday (including $900K Thursday night).

War Dogs action comedy is looking at $14M-$15M after $5M today (that includes last night’s $1.25M)

Kubo and the Two Strings will sing $4.5M today and could nudge War Dogs for the No. 3 weekend spot with $14M-$15M

Pete’s Dragon is expected to come in between $10M-$11M

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

I think it'll break the September record for sure, not sure how much but over $50m OW wouldn't surprise me 

I wonder how reviews will look. It might be a good, crowd pleasing movie and still get unfavorable reviews because it's a remake to a beloved classic.

We'll see.

I wonder if Deadline has taken care about Saturday bumps this weekend being better than last weekend.

Sunday drops could be marginally higher too but Sat bumps improvement are more substantial.

Could push SS 20+ opposed to 19-20.

30 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

The two leads in War Dogs are the two most unappealing actors working today, IMO. 

Going to see Lights Out tonight, hoping it's actually scary. 

Miles is so unappealing he counts as two people?
Also, I think that's the point of movie

Problem with the bombs this year is too many of them are coming from the same 2 studios (Sony and Paramount). BFG was Disney, but overall bombs need to be evenly distributed, same with megahits.

1 minute ago, JennaJ said:

Toby Kebbell really needs to learn how to choose better projects. 

Ben-Hur, Fan4stick, Warcraft.... his last three projects have all been massive bombs.

Talking about Fant4stick, both Kebbell and Teller have movies this weekend - BEN HUR and WAR DOGS :lol:

2 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

Toby Kebbell really needs to learn how to choose better projects. 

Ben-Hur, Fan4stick, Warcraft.... his last three projects have all been massive bombs.

He keeps it up it won't get any offers at all. Casting Directors will look past him. 

3 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

eh.. It is not a bigger worldwide hit than Finding Dory...

Does Finding Dory have more territories to open in? If so it could of course pass JB, but as of now, JB is nearly 50M ahead of Dory.