WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 62): Suicide Squad 20.9M | Sausage Party 15.5M | War Dogs 14.7M | Kubo 12.6M | Pete's Dragon 11.3M | Ben Hur 11.2M

17 hours ago, Jack Nevada said:What blockbusters from this year are actually worth watching? Haven't seen any of them.

the jungle book is good. ghostbuster is very funny so it deserves to be seen at least once.

Edited by Goffe

Here is the chart for the week up until August 6th, in terms of Blu Ray sales....no figures were listed, just ranking.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Don't forget P&A, advertising and promotion costs too! ;)

Budget alone for IM2 was 200 million. The production budget was probably 300 million or more.

"Production budget" and "budget" are usually synonymous unless specified. :P 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, BluRayHiDef said:

I have a couple of questions that are bit off topic, so please don't call me a hypocrite for my earlier complaints. 

1. Who creates the subtitles beneath our usernames? For example, mine says "Straight-to-DVD." Does the system automatically create them?

2. How many copies and how much money has Batman v Superman made on home video so far? I can't find answers via Google. 

On your first question, it appears to be by number of posts. When you are first here it is 'rumored project' and so forth.  Then, on top of that I've seen personalized ones, and I assume that is a perk of one of the levels of accounts (or maybe of being a mod.)  But yours is the normal one for someone with your number of posts.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

"Production budget" and "budget" are usually synonymous unless specified. :P 

As soon as I had finished posting that, I started thinking about it...I would edit it, but it's not needed anymore thanks to your post. :)

• Like 1

BTW War Dogs audience was 44% female and under 51% under 35. Just goes to show that outside of "event" titles, that much-desired teen/college-aged male audience that the movie industry thinks it can't survive without doesn't really go to the movies anymore.

1 hour ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

Here is the chart for the week up until August 6th, in terms of Blu Ray sales....no figures were listed, just ranking.

That's cool. Here's the list for Blu-Ray sales the week ending August 14th

Rank Previous Week Title Studio Index*
1 2 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Warner 100.00
2 1 Batman: The Killing Joke Warner 49.20
3 3 Zootopia Disney 28.57
4 4 The Boss Universal 20.32
5 6 Allegiant Lionsgate/Summit 18.41
6 9 Deadpool Fox 18.31
7 11 Star Wars: Episode VII — The Force Awakens Disney/Lucasfilm 15.64
8 New Supergirl: The Complete First Season Warner 13.14
9 5 Mother's Day Universal 12.73
10 13 Kung Fu Panda 3 Fox/DreamWorks 12.03
11 8 Criminal Lionsgate 11.19
12 7 Keanu Warner 10.93
13 12 Hardcore Henry Universal 10.43
14 14 Miracles From Heaven Sony Pictures 9.59
15 10 The Bourne Classified Collection Universal 8.93
16 15 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi Paramount 8.76
17 18 Gods of Egypt Lionsgate 7.97
18 20 Harry Potter Complete 8-Film Collection Warner 6.97
19 17 London Has Fallen Universal 6.85
20 New 11.22.63 Warner 6.46
  • Like 7

22 minutes ago, filmlover said:

BTW War Dogs audience was 44% female and under 51% under 35. Just goes to show that outside of "event" titles, that much-desired teen/college-aged male audience that the movie industry thinks it can't survive without doesn't really go to the movies anymore.

47% of the US population is under age 35.   25% is under 18.    Only 10% of the population is 19-25 yrs old.  About half that are male so it was always stupid to specifically target that demo alone.

I'd say it really over performed with that 10% but wasn't highly appealing to those outside it.

5 minutes ago, MinaTakla said:
8 (5) Bad Moms STX Entertainment $7,946,885 -30% 2,811 $2,827   $85,679,313 24

Bad Moms continues to do well! 

My Mom asked for a recommendation for a movie to see with a friend (she'd seen Florence Jenkins and hated it.)  I recommended this as the only thing out there that could remotely appeal to her, as far as I could tell.

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

I know @CJohn is excited that we got some rough weekends ahead of us. If you go to a movie theater these next two weekends, you might catch a tumbleweed rolling by.

The calm before everything turns to shit again in late October.