MinaTakla

Monday #s: SS: $2.14m, SP: $1.86m, WD: $1.5m, KatTS: $1.08m, BH: $0.94m

10 minutes ago, BluRayHiDef said:

I'm starting to feel like SS won't make it to $ 300M domestic; it's still got $36M to go despite being three weeks in. I don't see how its legs can stretch and walk another $36M. Am I missing something?

It will be over 270 by Friday and probably around 281-282 after Sunday. 

After Labor Day Monday, it will likely be around 292-293 million.  Almost no way it misses out, they'd pretty much have to drop it from theaters and not do cheap theater run.   Probably going to finish closer to 305-310.

Edited by AdamKendall
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, BluRayHiDef said:

I'm starting to feel like SS won't make it to $ 300M domestic; it's still got $36M to go despite being three weeks in. I don't see how its legs can stretch and walk another $36M. Am I missing something?

No competition for the next two weeks + Labor Day.

It will be at 282-283 million by end of this weekend. Lot of movies drop sub 20% if not stay flat over a 4 day Labor Day weekend.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BluRayHiDef said:

It will make it fairly easily.  It is at $264.5m after Monday.  It will make $6m the rest of the week to get to $270m or $271m.  Add in about $12m for this weekend gets you to $283m by next Monday.  

That leaves $17m left to go.  Figure at worst about $4m during the week and it is at $287m.  Labor Day 4 day weekend gets it to about $295m.  

At worst it should hit $300m on Sept. 12th or so.  

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, BluRayHiDef said:

Another 6 for this week and then at best 12mil and worst 10mil then it will only have 20mil to go. At best 4mil for next weekday and 5mil for the weekend so 11mil left.So we are looking at a 305 finish although I was hoping for a 315 domestic take only because I'm confident the flim will do 385 foreign.Thay would have giving it the 700mil ww. Now I have to hope for a 400 foreign finish.

21 minutes ago, BluRayHiDef said:

6M the rest of this week gets it to around 270, 10M this weekend gets it to 280M, 4M or so over the next week is 284M, and the 4-day Labor Day weekend moves it to around 293-295M. Will still have around 10-15M left in the tank by that point.

The 4-day Labor day weekend is very kind to movies, most movies stay flat or even increase over 4 days.

6 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

It will make it fairly easily.  It is at $264.5m after Monday.  It will make $6m the rest of the week to get to $270m or $271m.  Add in about $12m for this weekend gets you to $283m by next Monday.  

That leaves $17m left to go.  Figure at worst about $4m during the week and it is at $287m.  Labor Day 4 day weekend gets it to about $295m.  

At worst it should hit $300m on Sept. 12th or so.  

Can't wait for the Sully/Suicide Squad double feature so @Tele the Jet Baller can wank off.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

It will be over 270 by Friday and probably around 281-282 after Sunday. 

By Labor Day Monday, it will likely be around 293 million.  Almost no way it misses out, they'd pretty much have to drop it from theaters and not do cheap theater run.   Probably going to finish closer to 305-310.

Well, you've certainly put things in perspective. Thanks.

It's too bad that it won't match GotG's $333M.

18 minutes ago, BluRayHiDef said:

It is locked to get 300M. 

31 minutes ago, MrPink said:

LIN DA GOD.

PORTUGAL WILL EXPERIENCE LINSANITY

I am honestly extremely curious if for some weird ass reason we end up being one of the few countries where this movie outgrossed the other two. It really isn't hard and this one will have Summer weekdays lol. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

6M the rest of this week gets it to around 270, 10M this weekend gets it to 280M, 4M or so over the next week is 284M, and the 4-day Labor Day weekend moves it to around 293-295M. Will still have around 10-15M left in the tank by that point.

The 4-day Labor day weekend is very kind to movies, most movies stay flat or even increase over 4 days.

Need STB to increase that weekend. But it will be making maybe 2.5 million or so this weekend. :sadben:

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

It is locked to get 300M. 

I am honestly extremely curious if for some weird ass reason we end up being one of the few countries where this movie outgrossed the other two. It really isn't hard and this one will have Summer weekdays lol. 

Portugal knows what's up.

4 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Should do a BvS and SS double feature lol

... wouldn't they just need to add Superman and Lex Luthor? Actually, strike Lex Luthor. I never want to see that grisly adaptation ever again.

... and now I realize I misunderstood you :D 

Edited by Kathemy
Dumb Kathemy

RANKING DCEU FILMS

1. Suicide Squad 3.5/5

2. Watchmen: Ultimate Ultimate Cut (DCEU REBIRTH IS REAL) 3.5/5

3. Batman v Superman: Ultimate Cut 3/5

4. Man of Steel 2.5/5

5. Green Lantern 2/5

6. Shaq Steel 2/5

7. Catwoman (Halle Berry) 1.5/5

8. Abomination aka BvS TC 1/5

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iJackSparrow said:

RANKING DCEU FILMS

1. Suicide Squad 3.5/5

2. Watchmen: Ultimate Ultimate Cut (DCEU REBIRTH IS REAL) 3.5/5

3. Batman v Superman: Ultimate Cut 3/5

4. Man of Steel 2.5/5

5. Green Lantern 2/5

6. Shaq Steel 2/5

7. Catwoman (Halle Berry) 1.5/5

8. Abomination aka BvS TC 1/5

I know you like rebirth. Did you hear DC took the unit and dollar share last month? Beating marvel with a third fewer and cheaper books. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BluRayHiDef said:

Well, you've certainly put things in perspective. Thanks.

It's too bad that it won't match GotG's $333M.

Considering BVS didn't do that either after a 166 ow, SS was gonna fall short in all probability.

If anything I take this time to appreciate the mad run of GOTG.

It was a DEADPOOL like story. At least I had GOTG under 150 (before tracking and all that) :lol:

SS coming within 20 of BVS is a huge win. Took over-performance from SS and under-performance from BVS but sometimes the inevitable happens.

What if the numbers were just a tad bit skewed and SS had over-taken it? That would have made this year's bo perfect in it's insanity.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lupinw45 said:

I know you like rebirth. Did you hear DC took the unit and dollar share last month? Beating marvel with a third fewer and cheaper books. 

YES! And I have happily contribuited for that. Hopefully this will ignite some serious changes in the chain of command at Marvel Comics. But at this point I think that it will take Kevin Feige to descend from the Marvel Studios heavens to fix that mess.

56 minutes ago, Kathemy said:

Watchmen is a 5.

The book? HELL YES. The film? It's great, but as much flawed as Squad, and I'd argue that it's actually even more so. Why? Snyder showed there that he didn't get it. I've defended that film time and time again, but in retrospect and after MoS and BvS, somehow Snyder made that film fall for me from a solid 4.5/5 to 3.5/5. Some amazing imagery, some clever use of superhero movies iconography, but he doesn't understand what Watchmen is about. Regardless, I still had fun with that film, even though I insist that isn't the definitive version of them and that Watchmen could use a real great Netflix or HBO adaptation, with NO involvement of Snyder whatsoever.