Thegun

Thegun's 50 Worst Sequels Ever Made (#15)

24 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

That's just crazy talk.

Saying MI 1 is anything but just okay is crazy talk.

Also, saying Friday V sucks is crazy talk.

This is a terrific thread by the way. I like the direction that you have taken with it. You've done some really good write-ups and you've gone after some really beloved films and franchises LOL. I'm looking forward to the rest for sure. I obviously don't agree with all of your choices but that's what makes it such a good piece.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Baumer loves Oogieloves said:

MI2 is way way better than the first one.

this is one of those infinitesimal times where we disagree on a film ;)  

• Like 2

The action sucks, and total hack jobs. This is the movie:

Rock Climbing- Cliffhanger knock off 

Car Chase- Goldeneye knock off

1 hour of people staring at each other

Shootouts- Obviously a John Woo knock off of his better movies

The old fake mask/switcharoo (Also I never can tell if that guy was in love with Dougray Scott)

Motorcycle Chase- I'll give you a decently original sequence  (But it's such an absurd sequence that doesn't fit with the rest of the series)

Also take away Danny Elfman's most underrated score.

The only good thing about Mission Impossible 2 is that it went over schedule enough that Hugh Jackman took over the role of Wolverine.

• Like 2

Just now, Water Bottle said:

MI2 is the boring MI film.

it's such a weird series in that it peaked with the first one, went directly to the worst one in part 2, then the rest are just middling around in between those two.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 75live said:

it's such a weird series in that it peaked with the first one, went directly to the worst one in part 2, then the rest are just middling around in between those two.

The franchise has sorta settled into the "couple great sequences, decent movie" mold.

12 hours ago, Thegun said:

I'd say watch it again.  But there is no reason for you to go through that.  Just watch the original once in a while.  The reboot is pretty bad too.

Well I'm certainly not saying Robocop 3 is a anything close to the orginial.  I may have crazy opinions, but they're not THAT crazy! 

But, c'mon.  It had Robocop fight a ninja.  How can that ever be a terrible flick? :P

To put it another way, Robocop 3 might have been schlock, but it was MY kind of schlock. ;)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NuTella Lover of Sky Beams said:

The franchise has sorta settled into the "couple great sequences, decent movie" mold.

exactly how I feel about the rest of the series.  They aren't bad films, but they really aren't great either.  Decent is probably the most kind word I can use for them too.

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, 75live said:

exactly how I feel about the rest of the series.  They aren't bad films, but they really aren't good either.  Decent is probably the most kind word I can use for them too.

I think they're good, but they have very little sticking power. I just don't that much about them -- nor care to revisit -- though I enjoy watching them when I first see them.

• Like 1