Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Actuals: Don't breathe 26.4M, Squad 12.25M, Kubo 7.85M., Sausage 7.5M, Mechanic 7.5M, Dragon 7.4M, War Dogs 7M

12 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

While we're discussing how TV is out of ideas, we've also discussed Imaginary Mary (a rather original show) and The Great Indoors (which is original in the sense that it wasn't a brand, but I'm sure there's been workplace comedies about generational divides before). We haven't brought up Son of Zorn. I did just bring up The Good Place but whatevs.  You also have dramas like Pitch (first female professional baseball player), This is Us (okay it's kinda like Parenthood but with a great hook/twist), Bull (albeit based on a real life story), and I guess Designated Survivor.

I'm not saying these are "good". Hilariously, the real theme of this TV season is probably time travel. I'm sure @Blankments is looking forward to Making History though.

Designated Survivor has a great hook, but most of the shows from this year with high concepts almost seem like they are one-season concepts instead of something that can go on forever. 

• Community Manager
Just now, Baumer loves Oogieloves said:

FWIT, I thought Don't Breathe was very well done, well directed, tense, well acted and a critical darling and will probably connect well with its target audience.

But it didn't really connect with me.  I found it to be just a little too reliant on the suspension of disbelief and a lot of the decisions of the main characters were pretty stupid, even for a horror movie.  I won't see it again.

I really don't see how Don't Breath lasts longer than 15 minutes based on that premise. :ph34r:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

After a while these Statham action pics start to blend in together. 

I think Statham works best when he plays a supporting character, after Spy I am surprised he hasn't been offered more comedies.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think Statham works best when he plays a supporting character, after Spy I am surprised he hasn't been offered more comedies.

I think I pee'd a little during those Statham scenes in Spy, nothing short of genius, the writing and Statham delivery.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

• Community Manager
5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Designated Survivor has a great hook, but most of the shows from this year with high concepts almost seem like they are one-season concepts instead of something that can go on forever. 

I don't know, I could see 100 episodes of Timeless. Assuming it's a hit.

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

I think I pee'd a little during those Statham scenes in Spy, nothing short of genious, the writing and Statham delivery.

His scene with McCarthy when he tells her about all the things he's survived, was one of the funniest things I'd seen in a while.  He was so good in that part and so was McCarthy.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Sarah Michelle Gellar in Buffy was tremendous in every way and her work in the Episode the Body is Oscar worthy.

I honest to God feel like if Buffy was on HBO that it wouldve been nominated for most of its duration. (game of thrones season 5, come on!) Gellar was robbed. Marstars was robbed. It was a different show but Denisof was also robbed. The show was seen as 'silly' and on a lesser network so got snubbed year after year.  

When Gellar won a peoples choice award for crazy ones in 2014, she thanked the cast, crew, and fans of Buffy because she never got the chance to do so for seven years. In a alternative universe somewhere Buffy won dozens of emmys and Gellar is currently juggling oscar worthy scripts.

832614798.gif?1389285724&Expires=1472344

• Like 2

Jason Statham is the last action hero. Keeping a dying breed alive.

Before anyone brings him up, I dont consider The Rock in the same pool with the Stathams and Arnold and Jean Claudde. I think the rock can do more than action or goofy comedy.(which is the only thing action guys do other than action)

Edited by eddyxx

2 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Oh I know you don't want to talk about TV @Baumer loves Oogieloves but you looking forward to The Exorcist? I think it has potential to actually be good.

Here's the thing about me and TV.

I don't watch much of it.  I have no idea what is coming out or what is being made.  I work 6 days a week and I am hooked on The Walking Dead and the only other TV I really watch is live sports.  This is on purpose.  TV is so addictive.  There are so many great shows out there that if I allowed myself to watch a lot of TV, I'd be a zombie and never leave the house.  So I had to choose between movies and TV.  I usually go to theater about 2-3 times a week and I still have about 300 movies at home that I haven't watched.  So I don't have an opinion about The Exoricst because I have no interest in watching it.  

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, Baumer loves Oogieloves said:

Here's the thing about me and TV.

I don't watch much of it.  I have no idea what is coming out or what is being made.  I work 6 days a week and I am hooked on The Walking Dead and the only other TV I really watch is live sports.  This is on purpose.  TV is so addictive.  There are so many great shows out there that if I allowed myself to watch a lot of TV, I'd be a zombie and never leave the house.  So I had to choose between movies and TV.  I usually go to theater about 2-3 times a week and I still have about 300 movies at home that I haven't watched.  So I don't have an opinion about The Exoricst because I have no interest in watching it.  

You should at least watch Lab Rats and any TV shows I end up writing for. :P Yeah, I understand.

• Like 2