Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Actuals: Don't breathe 26.4M, Squad 12.25M, Kubo 7.85M., Sausage 7.5M, Mechanic 7.5M, Dragon 7.4M, War Dogs 7M

22 minutes ago, MinaTakla said:

Congrats to Pets on crossing the 350m mark!! Who thought that was possible a few months ago (or even with the 104m OW many including me doubted it!)

Only insane haters thought it was not possible. It was an original animation movie very well received. A 3.5 multiplier is pretty normal. 

• Like 5

Just now, NuTella Lover of Sky Beams said:

MINIONS had a sub-3x. Forgive me for thinking it was possible for SLOP. :P 

Minions was not an original animation movie and it was poorly received. See? Not the same thing.

• Like 3

$22-$24 million OW for Don't Breathe is fantastic! With the dailies dying off it should do fine, and Labor-Day being a dump weekend with holdovers dominating a. $12-$14 million 3-day 2nd weekend wouldn't be bad. Then it drops like an average horror film. Domestic total projections will be mentioned tomorrow afternoon. 

https://www.cinemaclock.com/bri/vancouver/movies/the-light-between-oceans-2016/reviews

https://www.cinemaclock.com/ont/woodstock/movies/morgan-2016/reviews

(not sure why one is from Vancouver and one is from Woodstock that's just where the links took me when I googled them).

Anyways not sure if reliable, but there seem to be people who have seen and reviews (granted these are not critics) last weekend's openers. Morgan's only got 3 reviews but they seem to be positive (didn't read the spoiler heavy one) and LightBetween Oceans there seems to be a general consensus that the movie is solid overall but same some glaring pacing issues. Wonder how it'll affect next weekend as a whole.

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The weird thing would be if it didn't. It opened almost 15M above it. 

Pixar dude. Enough said.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Only insane haters thought it was not possible. It was an original animation movie very well received. A 3.5 multiplier is pretty normal. 

And those insane haters were wrong......pretty wrong. Glad it got to $350M DOM.......refreshing to see other animated films breakout outside of Disney & Pixar.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Jason Bourne could have made 180m or so if it hadn't opened right before Suicide Squad

Yeah, we get the point. Jason Bourne could have done better. But.....superhero-blockbusters tends to take away attention from non-superhero blockbusters. It's just the nature.