WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 28): Magnificent 7 35M | Storks 21.8M | Sully 13.8M | Bridget Jones 4.5M

One reason for the lack of moviegoer interest this weekend could be due to the surging buzz for Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, which is set to bow next week and hopes to capture a similar young audience.

Where's this surging buzz?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

Still had more theaters than Kubo 

Just like Norm held well it's 2nd weekend then collapsed against KFP3

Kubo was in more theaters on it's third weekend though. The Wild Life actually dropped theaters on it's second weekend, instead of gaining more like a lot of animated films do, which is a good sign that it did poorly, even if it held well that weekend.

11 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Kubo was in more theaters on it's third weekend though. The Wild Life actually dropped theaters on it's second weekend, instead of gaining more like a lot of animated films do, which is a good sign that it did poorly, even if it held well that weekend.

I wish the theater drop had been published on BOM on Thur.  As it that's a big 0 in the Derby :bash:

• Like 1

Damn, that number is really disappointing to me. I really thought Magnificent 7 was headed to a 50+ million ow and perhaps a run close too 180 million. Thought it could play like a True Grit(2010). Fact it couldn't even beat the equalizer to me is a surprise. It had Chris Pratt as well who was a big star. Disappointing ow.

Just now, FilmBuff said:

Damn, that number is really disappointing to me. I really thought Magnificent 7 was headed to a 50+ million ow and perhaps a run close too 180 million. Thought it could play like a True Grit(2010). Fact it couldn't even beat the equalizer to me is a surprise. It had Chris Pratt as well who was a big star. Disappointing ow.

Why on earth would a western, a genre that's produced far more misses than hits at the box office, that's not an Oscar player released in the historically flaccid month of September make that much? lawd no wonder some of you set yourselves up for disappointment.

• Like 6

Mag 7 debuts like a typical Denzel film. Should leg out and make $100 million or so domestic. Storks underperformed OD, it makes me wonder if families are still burnt out after the films that came out in the summer or they're saving up for Trolls, Moana, and Sing in a few months.

3 minutes ago, babz06 said:

35-36m is solid opening. Why were you expecting 50m especially for a western in September? It's like you set yourself up for disappointment.  

Because Chris Pratt in it means big numbers, and Denzel brings people in. these forums over predict big actor vehicles, sequels, and franchises.