efialtes76

Weekend Thread: Accountant 24.7M, Kevin Hart 11.9M, GOTT 11.9M, Peregrine 8.9M

Oh wow, $1.35mil. That's definitely a mid-$20mil opening on a $40mil budget. That's fantastic. I'm guessing taking the Batman gig really re-bumped up his star power and gave him a nice rebound in the general public after his marriage issues.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I don't think I've ever seen a movie in a completely empty theater, even on random weekdays. At worst there were like 4 other people in the theater.

I saw Ghost Rider 2 in an empty theatre. I lost that day

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

MY CURSE IS BROKEN!  YES!

Also, I was in an empty theater for Warcraft.  It was...funny.

My theatre was full of... stereotypical Warcraft fans. It was pretty funny, I sat near the front cause it was pretty busy and nobody would stop talking once the movie came on and all I did was turn and face them and half the theatre just went dead silent, although it was kinda awkward they were all looking at me kinda scared.

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

My theatre was full of... stereotypical Warcraft fans. It was pretty funny, I sat near the front cause it was pretty busy and nobody would stop talking once the movie came on and all I did was turn and face them and half the theatre just went dead silent, although it was kinda awkward they were all looking at me kinda scared.

Did they look like this?

south-park-s10e08c05-the-slaughter-16x9.

• Like 6

I've never been in a theatre alone, though I imagine it's a double-edged sword. For a dramatic movie or a Horror flick, being alone in a theatre probably enhances the experience a lot. But with e.g. comedies, being alone wouldn't be nearly as fun as being in a packed room.

• Like 3

And yet another hit for WB. Lol. This is a dream year for them. They only have FB, Collateral Beauty and Live by Night for the rest of the year. And Collateral Beauty is the only one that I see having a chance of flopping. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

I've never been in a theatre alone, though I imagine it's a double-edged sword. For a dramatic movie or a Horror flick, being alone in a theatre probably enhances the experience a lot. But with e.g. comedies, being alone wouldn't be nearly as fun as being in a packed room.

True. For example I saw Jungle Book

at a staff screening

and it was pretty cool not to have the crowds. But I also watched Deadpool that way and I liked the movie better when I saw it afterwards with the opening day crowds.