Jonwo

Wonka | December 15, 2023 | TIMOTHEE IS WILLY WONKA FAM | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

1 hour ago, poweranimals said:

So just ignore the Wonka IP draw then?

Spider man made holland famous. Chalamet Is definitely One of the reasons this Wonka will be interesting for a large young audience. I would say there is more star Power here than on spider man. But at the same time that adventure movie from a video game made what It made cause Holland made It popular for a bigger audience the movie wouldn't have reached with someone else. 

I think both have star power right now for being very young (It's hard for male actors in their 20s to be really an attraction for an audience over 40, or even 35). 

As always people talk about star power in a wrong way. The actors, at least they are actors of a very specific genre or kinda of movie (the rock, staham, vin diesel) can't sell everything (that is very very very rare) but they have star Power in the right role at the right Moment in their career. This Is the case with chalamet and this movie and dune 2 coming.

When an actor doesn't make only a genere of movies but can make everything from a colourful holiday blockbuster musical to an indie horror movie can't sell all the stuff at the same way. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

Eh, I think this movie does about the same with Holland in the role. Lovable singing doof is pretty squarely in both of their wheelhouses. And it’s not that I think they’re interchangeable in general, Holland would be terribly miscast if he were in Dune for instance. But here it doesn’t matter. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

Eh, I think this movie does about the same with Holland in the role. Lovable singing doof is pretty squarely in both of their wheelhouses. And it’s not that I think they’re interchangeable in general, Holland would be terribly miscast if he were in Dune for instance. But here it doesn’t matter. 

I'm not sure that's true. I feel Chalamet has certain "charisma", which he is conveying to Wonka.

After all, I think Chalamet is more popular between female audience than Holland.

The soundtrack...I think You've Never Had Chocolate Like This sounds the best, the rest feel like they told Tim to just hang around one note as closely as he could and not stray too much as if they were afraid he couldn't do it, they'll fix it in post.

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

It’s a glass elevator actually, and I’m still sticking to 400 as the glass ceiling (and I guess I’ll say 900 ww). Don’t care how crazy it sounds, think legs could be insane. 

It's probably a little crazy but yeah there is no reason to think that WOM will not power this and it is coming out at the perfect time for that to happen. 

• Like 1