CJohn

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Estimates: Madea - 27.6M; JR 2 - 23M; Ouija 2 - 14M; Accountant - 14m; Joneses - 5.6M

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

She plays Kate Winslet's sister. Don't bother watching the movie, though. I saw it on DVD and it's a waste of talent.

I wasn't planning to watch it, but now even less lol. Never looked any good to me even with the killer cast.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/weekend-box-office-jack-reacher-940259

As awards season heats up, the big headline at the specialty box office is filmmaker Barry Jenkins' Moonlight, which is off to a shining start as A24 opens the critically acclaimed drama in four theaters in New York and Los Angeles. Early returns suggest Moonlight could post a theater average of $70,000, one of the best showings of the year to date.

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, CJohn said:

:kitschjob: I already explained why it is obviously an underperformer while the other is locked to give a strong profit during his theatrical run.

Well it's not underperforming today. So your title is premature and meaningless.

Pretty meh for all three sequels, but none of them looked like big breakouts in the making.

That being said, there's something hilariously prophetic about Chris Rock's Top Five, in which a movie called Boo! A Madea Halloween was pulling in good business while a controversial film about a slave uprising bombs.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Boo! A Madea Halloween said:

CJohn, also take into account the fact that Madea will drop softly next weekend, since Halloween. 

I doubt it.

1 hour ago, ecstasy said:

Well it's not underperforming today. So your title is premature and meaningless.

Oh but it is. And I already explained why. If you like to be wrong you can stay wrong.

10 minutes ago, Boo! A Madea Halloween said:

I don't think CJohn likes Lionsgate very much.

I like them the same way I like the other studios. It is just funny their only hit of the year is a partnership with CBS films. Everything else is a bomb, an underperformer and/or a franchise killer.

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I like them the same way I like the other studios. It is just funny their only hit of the year is a partnership with CBS films. Everything else is a bomb, an underperformer and/or a franchise killer.

Nerve?  Dirty Grandpa?  Now You See Me 2 (which became profitable cause China)?