CJohn

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Estimates: Madea - 27.6M; JR 2 - 23M; Ouija 2 - 14M; Accountant - 14m; Joneses - 5.6M

3 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

You'd think people would stop falling for it

No, Perry knows his audience, although I don't think will be seeing another Madea anytime soon, considering A Madea Halloween is looking to be the lowest grossing film in the series regardless.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Wtf I just realized that scary movie 1 and 3 opened to nearly 70M adjusted!!! Oh how times have changed...

Were those movies like, crazy overhyped when they came out or something?

They were just flat out awesome :D

Well, the first 2 were. 

Edited by SchumacherFTW
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Zach Galifianakis will now only be starring in Amazon exclusive movies.

:lol:

His shit got old fast. Like really fast. One trilogy and Due Date fast.

His best material fits a niche audience better anyway.

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Wtf I just realized that scary movie 1 and 3 opened to nearly 70M adjusted!!! Oh how times have changed...

The original Scary Movie had an insane marketing push for spoof. Screenings months in advance that played like gangbusters and hysterical trailers/ads.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Zach Galifianakis will now only be starring in Amazon exclusive movies.

:lol:

His shit got old fast. Like really fast. One trilogy and Due Date fast.

I dunno if Zach Galifianakis alone was the only reason for successes like the Hangover-trilogy & Due Date.

In Hangover, he was also accompanied by other 2 guys, Ed Helms & Bradley Cooper, plus the concept for the film was pretty funny. That's probably why the first and the second film made between nearly $254-277M DOM & $467-586M WW.

Hangover 1 = $467M WW

Hangover 2 = $586M WW

As for Due Date?......he was accompanied by Iron-Man/Tony Stark-portraying actor, Robert Downey Jr. And that film made $211M WW. Not as successful as Hangover, but still a big earner, nonetheless.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DAJK said:

That's back when spoofs were somewhat funny.

Before the spoof genre became lazy and was ran into the ground.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

That's back when spoofs were somewhat funny.

Before the spoof genre became lazy and was ran into the ground.

I think order for comedy spoof-movies to be funny again....the creators need to remember these important:

1. Come up with something fresh for the spoofs.

2. Have the humor be more clever and smart.

3. Don't hire people like Uwe Ball as a director.

Jack Reacher: Never Look Back or Lionsgate’s Tyler Perry’s Boo! A Madea HalloweenOff of midday matinees, both are lo0king at an estimated $8M Friday with both on course for a $21M-$22M weekend.

Universal/Blumhouse/Platinum Dunes/Hasbro’s Ouija: Origin of Evil is the cheapest of the four wide releases at an estimated cost of $9M, and it’s looking at$5.5M-$6M for today and $14M for the weekend.

Then there’s 20th Century Fox’s Keeping Up with the Joneses who rival sources tell us looks a lot like Masterminds in its ticket sales, meaning a $6.5M weekend, possibly $7M with $2M-$2.5M for today. 

http://deadline.com/2016/10/weekend-box-office-jack-reacher-tom-cruise-keeping-up-with-the-joneses-ouija-madea-tyler-perry-1201840348/

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Jack Reacher: Never Look Back or Lionsgate’s Tyler Perry’s Boo! A Madea HalloweenOff of midday matinees, both are lo0king at an estimated $8M Friday with both on course for a $21M-$22M weeke

http://deadline.com/2016/10/weekend-box-office-jack-reacher-tom-cruise-keeping-up-with-the-joneses-ouija-madea-tyler-perry-1201840348/

My club looks good!!  Reacher will drop from estimates due to bad wom