CJohn

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Estimates: Madea - 27.6M; JR 2 - 23M; Ouija 2 - 14M; Accountant - 14m; Joneses - 5.6M

40 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Was yesterday some kind of holiday? Storks and Middle School shot up 40%, Peregrine almost 20%, Sully 14%, even DH increased 5% with direct preview competition. A strange Thursday.

The debate deflated everything on Wednesday.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

The most interesting box office story this weekend will be seeing how Moonlight fares in its platform debut.

Moonlight has Best Picture nom written all over it. Wont win, but def a nom. Maybe the best trailer I have seen all year.

50 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Was yesterday some kind of holiday? Storks and Middle School shot up 40%, Peregrine almost 20%, Sully 14%, even DH increased 5% with direct preview competition. A strange Thursday.

The debate Wednesday had an effect. I have also stopped trying to make sense of Storks' run a long time ago.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

The budget is 90M, about 30M more than the original IIRC

It's quoted as $60m according to The LA Times. $90m could include marketing as well as I doubt Paramount would increase the budget since the first was a modest hit at best

15 minutes ago, Lestranger said:

Moonlight has Best Picture nom written all over it. Wont win, but def a nom. Maybe the best trailer I have seen all year.

I have it as this year's Room nominee (small movie in the lineup, as I doubt it makes more than $15M in total).

4 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I think Moonlight will probably pull through and get a Picture nom but can't be sure after the Carol snub.

Reportedly Moonlight moved people which is important for Oscar.  Carol was more on the admired but chilly side.

Edited by TalismanRing

12 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I think Moonlight will probably pull through and get a Picture nom but can't be sure after the Carol snub.

At least A24 won't try selling Moonlight as a thriller later on like Weinstein did with Carol.

• Like 2