kayumanggi

SNOW WHITE | 03.21.2025 | Disney

On 1/18/2022 at 6:10 PM, Eric Riley said:

Serious question here: what's your deal with Gal Gadot? You complain about her every other post, and while I'm not a fan of her, it's just getting kind of weird at this point.

Gadot has not shown herself to be a great dramatic actress, but  in the right role...like Wonder Woman, she is fine.

Frankly, I think her acting skills are about the same as The Rock: pleasent personality who has not shoen much range but in his range is fine in the right film.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

He’s right but he’s also done Elf and other films where his height were mocked.

Well this was pre-Game of Thrones when he had zero clout and recognition and was just an actor trying to make due. It's not like he had any other choice.

• Like 2

Always have nothing but the deepest respect for Dinklage but his comments seem silly IMO, especially when it's unlikely he was even approached for this (too big of a name for any roles so firmly rooted in the "supporting" column at this point) or he has seen the script to know how the movie treats the dwarf characters. His issue seems to be with the original Snow White fairy tale itself (which has been adapted a million times beyond just the Disney cartoon), not a movie that hasn't even been made yet.

On 1/21/2022 at 8:13 PM, dudalb said:

Gadot has not shown herself to be a great dramatic actress, but  in the right role...like Wonder Woman, she is fine.

Frankly, I think her acting skills are about the same as The Rock: pleasent personality who has not shoen much range but in his range is fine in the right film.

It's not like Wonder Woman isn't enough to show her range as an actress. The character went from an innocent girl discovering the world to a confident, experienced woman who lived for over 100 years.

21 hours ago, filmlover said:

Always have nothing but the deepest respect for Dinklage but his comments seem silly IMO, especially when it's unlikely he was even approached for this (too big of a name for any roles so firmly rooted in the "supporting" column at this point) or he has seen the script to know how the movie treats the dwarf characters. His issue seems to be with the original Snow White fairy tale itself (which has been adapted a million times beyond just the Disney cartoon), not a movie that hasn't even been made yet.

I loved him in Game Of Thrones but this is pretty silly.

Wait until he see the Munchkins in "Wizard Of Oz".

I find some people on the net are supporting Dinklage more from a knee jerk reaction to be "woke" then actually thinking it through.

Edited by dudalb

21 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

He’s right but he’s also done Elf and other films where his height were mocked.

Disney has a lot of fake, insincere diversity and pandering which is shallow but we still don’t know if the story will have the dwarves tbh

I don't see how they can avoid having them, frankly. Dropping them is way to radical an change from the original.

And we are talking about myuthical being anyway; the dwaves in Snow White have no more releation to real life Dwarves..if that is the right term...then the Hobbits do in LOTR.

Love Dinklage as an actor, but this is, frankly, a bit much.

ANd last time I saw the original, the Dwarves were pretty likable.

• Like 1

I wish Disney did not answer shit and just do their thing, they just gave Peter comment more attention that what he got with his comment, it even trended because of that.

What did people expect as answer? "yes, we are going to stop adapting these iconic old stories that make so much money because it may or not may have some someone offended not matter what"?

The line between fiction and reality is really broken.

Edited by Fox20

Dinklage is not at all wrong about how the dwarfs have been used for stereotypical purposes in previous adaptations of the story (Snow White & the Huntsman faced controversy when it came out nearly a decade ago for using famous actors and digitally shrinking them as opposed to casting actual dwarf-sized actors), including the Disney cartoon, on top of Hollywood's often unfortunate treatment of dwarf-sized actors in the past.

But it's silly to go after a movie that hasn't even shot a single frame of footage yet, especially when he doesn't know anything more about the direction Disney is taking with this than we do. And so far it seems like this is going to be a very different interpretation of the story from the cartoon since every piece of info released indicates they're looking to soften up the more "problematic" elements of the original fairy tale upon which it was based (they just announced the other week that the Inheritance dude is playing a new character that will serve as the male lead and not the prince, presumably so they can avoid the whole "true love's kiss while she's unconscious" stuff).

• Like 1