kayumanggi

SNOW WHITE | 03.21.2025 | Disney

4 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

I think Gal will be entertaining here. Honestly, her scenery chewing the movie away is the only real hope there is to have anything that will remotely justify its existence. 

Hey, I am on of those who thinks that overall, all the live action remakes of classic animated films have not justified their existence...except to make money for Disney which, for some reason I fail to comprehent they do

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I imagine the first trailer will be with Wish. 

They'll definitely begin promoting this well before then since that'll be just four months from release. I'm guessing the first teaser will be attached with Haunted Mansion unless they release one with hardly any footage (ala the "glass shoe" Cinderella teaser or the shot of the rose from Beauty and the Beast) before Little Mermaid.

Just now, filmlover said:

They'll definitely begin promoting this well before then since that'll be just four months from release. I'm guessing the first teaser will be attached with Haunted Mansion unless they release one with hardly any footage (ala the "glass shoe" Cinderella teaser or the shot of the rose from Beauty and the Beast) before Little Mermaid.

I think we'll get a teaser of some sort either with Mermaid or another Disney title but a full trailer won't be until November. 

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

D23 usually occurs every two years so the next one will be sometime during the third quarter in 2024.

There’s one this year mainly for the 100th anniversary.

I would be surprised if this manages to cross the $300M mark Worldwide; I would not be surprised, however, if disney pulls it from theatre and puts it on disney+, or grants it an hybrid release Cruella-like.

This movie lacks star power (Gal Gadot being the headliner but far from an estabilished a-lister or draw) apparently deviates so much from the original source (no dwarves, no prince, latina Snow White who fights for her kingdom etc) and is coming at the worst possible time for a live action remake, when most of the international public clearly shows disney remakes- fatigue. Also, the 2 "recent" Snow White hollywood movies (Mirror Mirror and Snow White and the Huntsman) make it really hard for this to be marketed as an "event" of sorts, it really feels like a "been there, done that" situation, much like the endless stream of Peter Pan (flop) adaptations. 

With all the delays due to the strike there is also a big chance of this having to face some insane competition, which could put it in the true danger zone of a total gross in the Dungeons and Dragons range, at about 200M$ WW. 

Edited by ThePrinceIsOnFire