That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Saturday Asgrard pg 28 or 29 DS 32 Trolls 19 HR 5.8

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Perhaps people want to seek an escape from the horrors of the real world that will be coming to an end (or, God help us all, are about to become real) on Tuesday. :ph34r:

Please, I'm already having nightmares so I'm trying not think about it too much during the day. (I've had to ween myself from the Politics topic)

It helps that also the best reviewed wide release since I think Kubo, and that wasn't exactly a tent pole so it's been awhile.

• Like 3

Just now, grey ghost said:

Thinking about things I don't think the break out was due to people starved for entertainment.

People needed some A level comfort food, escapism with the possibility of Trump or Hillary becoming president next week.

So Doctor Strange will drop 70% next weekend due to the election finally ending?

Then again, let's face it: under a Trump presidency, all movie theaters will go out of business.

Just now, moviesRus said:

Love how everyone can't stop complaining about how there's too many superhero movies but then we go through a long ass box office drought and when a superhero movie finally comes out to break the drought everyone's like oh thank god.

People just want some good news of any kind from the world right now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, moviesRus said:

Love how everyone can't stop complaining about how there's too many superhero movies but then we go through a long ass box office drought and when a superhero movie finally comes out to break the drought everyone's like oh thank god.

Pish Tosh.  Everyone knows it's SH movies' fault that all the other movies during the past 3 months didn't make more money and it's also Disney and Marvel's fault they all didn't get better reviews.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

I definitely think, "Good God do I need two hours to not think about this hellish election" may play some role in people seeking out movie theaters this weekend.

For real. We're seeing Doctor Strange tomorrow and I can't wait just to escape from the freakshow that's going on in politics right now.

• Like 4

Just now, filmlover said:

For real. We're seeing Doctor Strange tomorrow and I can't wait just to escape from the freakshow that's going on in politics right now.

So does that mean Marvel should root for Trump to win so they'll continue to reap in the benefits of people wanting to escape this horrible world.

Just now, moviesRus said:

So does that mean Marvel should root for Trump to win so they'll continue to reap in the benefits of people wanting to escape this horrible world.

We all know Ike is hoping.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

Trump winning probably means theaters will eventually go out of business so no.

33 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Also on the bright side: we finally have a $200M+ grosser that won't make $300M this year! Yay!

Not sure about this, if it blows up to over 100m OW then 3x multi is a remote but possible thing.

I think it does 100-110M OW to be honest.

Beasts in a couple of week though, I wonder what these numbers spell for Beasts? I guess Beasts' audience is slightly older, but a lot of overlap though.

Either way, fucking awesome.