That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Saturday Asgrard pg 28 or 29 DS 32 Trolls 19 HR 5.8

8 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

That's deadline. And keep in mind that they do not have Friday nights in it as well. $75-$80 million seems better for Doctor Strange. Trolls either way doing 40+ start isn't too bad, it should hold up fine and make a decent amount of money for DWA. Hacksaw Ridge having a modest budget and make low teens or more isn't and word of mouth should help it out. Overall this going to be an exciting weekend. 

To be fair, Deadline isn't actually that bad at making projections. They're worse than BO.com or ShowBuzzDaily.com (who were surprisingly solid but apparently quit doing it about a month ago) but their track record is better than you'd think.

To be fair, that's projections rather than extrapolating from results.

14 minutes ago, John Marston said:

people here are mad that Jurassic World was a massive hit while the movies they were hyped and excited for like Pacific Rim and Ghostbusters 2016 were duds

It's partially because 2015 was supposed to be the year of the mouse (Disney).

Then AOU and The Good Dinosaur disappointed and Universal had at least 5 break outs including JW.

Then you people like Tele who enjoy trolling JW fans endlessly. :lol:

I am torn between wanting DS to do well because it is THE FIRST Marvel movie I actually want to see in theaters (I was dragged to AoU) and wanting it to open on the lower side of estimates because I want Fantastic Beasts to have as less competition as possible. Damn it! But 75-80m is still a great number!

17 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Numbers this early? Is Deadline just make predictions based off industry projections at this point?

Must be the earliest numbers I have seen in years. Much too early.

I know these RT Audience Scores are not based on all of the stated User Ratings. Maybe 300 or 500 people voted or even less, I don't know. But it's still a good signal for HR, Doctor Strange and Trolls.

Edited by el sid
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, el sid said:

Must be the earliest numbers I have seen in years. Much too early.

I know these RT audience scores are not based on all of the stated User Ratings. Maybe 300 or 500 people voted or even less, I don't know. But it's still a good signal for HR, Doctor Strange and Trolls.

It's been a while since they've posted numbers this early actually.

RT% scores only mean so much depending on how well the film's open, but I'm sure all three films will have decent legs.