kayumanggi

BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY | Nov 2 2018 | Fox | Rami Malek | Queen biopic | Bryan Singer fired | Kindly avoid libeling anyone in this thread

I kinda bad mouthed this movie's chances when the first trailer dropped but the last two times I got the trailer the reception was pretty insane. I've also had very #casual people ask me about this movie, more so than alot of upcoming flicks. I still think SOC numbers ain't happening but I can see 40m OW at this point unless reviews are total trash.

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

As expected. Still going with Malek as the actor winner rn

He's not even guaranteed to be nominated, let alone win (FWIW I think it's gonna be Cooper's to lose, especially after seeing A Star is Born), especially if the film doesn't get a good reception.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

He's not even guaranteed to be nominated, let alone win (FWIW I think it's gonna be Cooper's to lose, especially after seeing A Star is Born), especially if the film doesn't get a good reception.

I feel like Bale's gonna take it tbh

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

5 minutes ago, TMP said:

I feel like Bale's gonna take it tbh

Maybe, but his performance is gonna have to be completely undeniable for that to happen, especially when he already has an Oscar and Cooper will now be on his fourth acting nomination and no win yet.

Edited by filmlover
  • Thanks 1

I dont buy the logic that Malek cant win if this isnt nominated for Picture. Ever since the expanded lineup, theres been at least one acting winner from a non Picture nominee every year except 2012 and 2016. not necessarily saying it's a trend, but it ain't a negative against him

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I dont buy the logic that Malek cant win if this isnt nominated for Picture. Ever since the expanded lineup, theres been at least one acting winner from a non Picture nominee every year except 2012 and 2016. not necessarily saying it's a trend, but it ain't a negative against him

Let's see if he gets nominated (or better yet, see the reviews for the movie first) before talking about his winning chances.

3 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Malek might be nominated but won't win because he didn't do his own singing. 

Didn't hurt Jamie Foxx...though he was lucky that Walk the Line came out a year later. Malek has to directly compete with someone else in the musical drama doing all of his own singing (live!), plus directing himself, not the best year to lip-sync in a biopic if you want to win Best Actor.  Though if Malik and Cooper end up in different categories at the Golden Globes somehow (who knows with the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, lol) I can see Rami possibly winning there that way.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

Didn't hurt Jamie Foxx...though he was lucky that Walk the Line came out a year later. Malek has to directly compete with someone else in the musical drama doing all of his own singing (live!), plus directing himself, not the best year to lip-sync in a biopic if you want to win Best Actor.  Though if Malik and Cooper end up in different categories at the Golden Globes somehow (who knows with the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, lol) I can see Rami possibly winning there that way.

From what I read recently, music biopics aren't allowed in Comedy/Musical anymore, so Bohemian Rhapsody will be Drama there. Malek is probably locked to win that; I doubt they go for Gosling's subdued performance.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Malek might be nominated but won't win because he didn't do his own singing. 

Seriously? :winomg:

While I do think that it's Cooper's year (he is due for a win) I could see Rami Malek being a strong contender...but not without singing. They seriously were okay with this? I was never a fan of his casting but now I dislike it even more. 

Who does the singing then? Adam Lambert? (Who by the way does an awesome job at Queen's live shows)