kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

8 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Maybe October 2022. That’s the earliest I’d expect. They don’t have a director yet and there hasn’t been news of them searching for one. Plus Ryan has a bunch of projects lined up to shoot all next year. I can’t imagine shooting will begin until 2021. 

• Like 1

I’m actually interested in the budget for this. Ryan isn’t going to be getting a back end deal or producer money the way he did for the first two Deadpool movies so I imagine he’s going to demand a lot up front ($30M+). Not sure if he gets it or not but if he does then taking Deadpool 2’s budget and adding that salary takes the budget to at least $140M without any other additions.

Then I also wonder about the box office prospects for this. DP2 decreased from the first domestically but stayed relatively stable OS (sans China) although decreasing in some markets while increasing in others. But the one thing Feige has been great with is making the third film in all the MCU trilogies very high stakes so they all increase at the box office. Will see what he comes up with for this movie and if it helps out the film at the box office. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Frankly speaking, keep it standalone out of MCU. why complicate things? and of course they will joke about it in the film.

Even I feel that DP3 will fall domestically, OS may grow in Asia.

Eh, DP in the MCU would be a huge unique selling point. No reason not to do it

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Why did they change writers? As far as i know, the first and second movie had the same writers and they were obviously very good at their job. So why the change?

I thought the old writers sucked and it got stale quickly with the 2nd film. A new voice (who also seem like accomplished writers) would be great. I also personally think the new choice is cool because one of the sisters studied in my uni.

Edited by lorddemaxus

10 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Why did they change writers? As far as i know, the first and second movie had the same writers and they were obviously very good at their job. So why the change?

Because Papa Feige said so. Papa Feige and his infinite wisdom knows all