kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

22 hours ago, WorkingonaName said:

Zeb Wells is one of the writers so no script can only be an improvement.

Zeb Wells writes excellent X-Men stories so I'm not too worried about him here.

His Spider-Man nonsense seems to be a case of Marvel Comics now doing the petty, spiteful shit to Spidey/Sony that they used to do to the Fox-owned properties in the 2010s, before the acquisition. Karma will have the last laugh seeing how Spider-Verse 2 is shaping up to be the most lauded Marvel-related anything of the year. I hope it becomes the highest grossing 'Marvel film' of the year too. :D 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

His Spider-Man nonsense seems to be a case of Marvel Comics now doing the petty, spiteful shit to Spidey/Sony that they used to do to the Fox-owned properties in the 2010s, before the acquisition. Karma will have the last laugh seeing how Spider-Verse 2 is shaping up to be the most lauded Marvel-related anything of the year. I hope it becomes the highest grossing 'Marvel film' of the year too. :D 

Nah, Spider-Man editorial is just incompetent. Disney still has merch rights, so they don't care if Sony keeps pumping out mid movies

8 hours ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Nah, Spider-Man editorial is just incompetent. Disney still has merch rights, so they don't care if Sony keeps pumping out mid movies

And I thought the "Marvel Studiios Sucks" school of Spiderman Fans was pretty much dead.

On 5/26/2023 at 8:36 AM, dudalb said:

And I thought the "Marvel Studiios Sucks" school of Spiderman Fans was pretty much dead.

Not at all if you visit Spider-Man fanboards and sites lol.

But my point being Marvel Comics =/= Marvel Studios. Marvel Comics even tried to spite Feige once by making Captain Marvel highly unpleasant in Civil War 2 just before her MCU debut. The reason for the shade being Feige locked out the Comics ppl from the movies side completely during Perlmutter's ouster.

The comics still need to synergize with the movies/shows despite their hate for them tho, like Kamala Khan's recent death in Spider-Man most probably being a way to get rid of her Inhumanness and then resurrect her as a mutant as hinted on her show.

So it would be funny if SV2 did better than all the MCU films this year despite all the Spidey sabotage.

On 5/25/2023 at 11:06 PM, dudalb said:

Nah, it's about the comics division (and Spidey fans trying to cope with the fact they have the only truly bad book coming out of Marvel or DC right now)

On 5/25/2023 at 3:26 PM, Spidey Freak said:

Zeb Wells is amazing. He also wrote one of the best She-Hulk episodes for Disney+. All the ‘bring the marriage back’ old timers still clinging on the Peter and MJ marriage need to go, and it will happen sooner than later. It’s been almost twenty years. It’s not going back.

Edit: And I say this as someone that doesn’t enjoy his current Spider-Man run either. The best Spider-Man writer of the century and maybe one of the all time greats is called Dan Slott, and even his run that gave us the Spider-Verse that became such an integral part of the Spider-Man mythos was reviled. What the old timers want isn’t happening. It’s time to let go. There is a whole new generation coming that doesn’t even know that Peter and MJ were once married. And the character is in better shape for it.

Edited by ZattMurdock

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

Zeb Wells is amazing. He also wrote one of the best She-Hulk episodes for Disney+. All the ‘bring the marriage back’ old timers still clinging on the Peter and MJ marriage need to go, and it will happen sooner than later. It’s been almost twenty years. It’s not going back.

holy shit i found the one person who actually likes the current asm run

On 5/27/2023 at 1:41 AM, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Nah, it's about the comics division (and Spidey fans trying to cope with the fact they have the only truly bad book coming out of Marvel or DC right now)

Also Spider-Man’s run has been bad in my opinion since Dan Slott left amazing. The run that the marriage widows love was the one that teased that the marriage could be restored by Nick Spencer, and I thought that one was god awful and even worse than Zeb Wells current run. Saying that Amazing Spider-Man is the worst comic of the big two is also somewhat of an overexaggeration. There are a lot of bad books out there.

I have my Spider-Man fix served monthly since last year with Dan Slott’s return to a Spider-Man book. Adjectiveless Spider-Man by Dan Slott and Mark Bagley is one of my favorite comics right now, next to Tom Taylor’s and Bruno Redondo’s Nightwing and the X-Men books. Also, I loved Tom Taylor’s Titans #1 and Avengers #1 by Jed Mackay.

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

I would’ve been fine with DoFP as their last outing, but this surprisingly doesn’t bother me. At least they won’t have the cloud of Bryan Singer or Brett Ratner hanging over them. I just hope they aren’t bringing them back so they can kill them off as part of a joke. 

On 5/29/2023 at 5:59 PM, Mr Roark said:

Collecting nostalgic cameos is one of the few appealing things the MCU have left, now that Gunn is gone.

Yeah it's crazy that the X-Men appear in this...X-Men franchise movie.

People on this board need to pick an angle, at because this time last year they were declaring Doctor Strange at 900 million was a bomb because it didn't have enough cameos

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Yeah it's crazy that the X-Men appear in this...X-Men franchise movie.

People on this board need to pick an angle, at because this time last year they were declaring Doctor Strange at 900 million was a bomb because it didn't have enough cameos

Lot of old school X-Men in the previous two installments. Yeah yeah.

It’s the only thing they have left.

They will bring back Evans and RDJ as well un the future.

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

....yes. The last one literally has him time travel to talk to Logan in X-Men Origins and contains cameos from the entire main cast of Apocalypse 

Brief post credit bits and some quick cameos.

I’m talking bringing back old actors for narrative purposes, like NWH successfully did, not 2 sec cameos.

3 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

Brief post credit bits and some quick cameos.

I’m talking bringing back old actors for narrative purposes, like NWH successfully did, not 2 sec cameos.

Then it's not even the first time the X-Men did that in Days of Future Past

On 5/27/2023 at 10:09 PM, ZattMurdock said:

Edit: And I say this as someone that doesn’t enjoy his current Spider-Man run either. The best Spider-Man writer of the century and maybe one of the all time greats is called Dan Slott, and even his run that gave us the Spider-Verse that became such an integral part of the Spider-Man mythos was reviled. What the old timers want isn’t happening. It’s time to let go. There is a whole new generation coming that doesn’t even know that Peter and MJ were once married. And the character is in better shape for it.

Big Slott fan myself. 

He pretty much created the idea of putting  She Hulk/Jennifer Walters being an attorney front and center in the comics. Walters had always been an Lawyer, but it was SLott who picked up that ball an ran with it.

I loved his Spidey/Human Torch 'I'm With Stupid" miniseries which displays his warped sense of humor very well, The scene where Spidey first meets Paste Pot Pete is priceless.

Edited by dudalb
  • Thanks 1