kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

5 hours ago, Legion By Night said:

I guess this and Gotg3 will be the biggest phase 5 projects.   

Really looking at the other ones:

quantumania

marvels

blade

cap4

thunderbolts

Might not be close unless marvels goes hot. Still compared to the heavy hitters of phase 1, 3, 4 looks kinda rough. Phase 2 was also quite modest aside from AoU.

I think Cap4 might be a secret Hulk team up or psuedo Avengers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cap said:

LOL @ that video. 

Tbh this needs to be just 90 minutes of meta movie about Reynolds and Jackman trying to make Deadpool 3. 😂

I'd be ok with this. Let a scene happen then pan round to show the cameras, crew and craft services.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

5 hours ago, cax16 said:

This movie is gonna make a lot of money. 

People are saying this, and I still think they might be underselling it.

For one thing, tonally, a Deadpool/Wolverine matchup is iconic in the comics for a reason.  Similar backgrounds, yet diametrically opposed executions. It's the classic opposites attract/bad cop good cop/red oni blue oni take where two characters just feed off each other and create magic.

Having an irreverent/meta send up of CBM/genre cameos where beloved characters return is one of the best ways to handle a post-Logan Wolverine, IMO, since it should be such a different take on the character that it shouldn't really step on the toes of that film.

But, let's be honest, the intrawebs luvs Hugh Jackman and Ryan Reynolds, and has been clamoring for a team up of these two characters for quite a while now.  That the announcement vids so far, as well as the social engagement afterwards, have knocked them out of the park just adds to the potential.

Still plenty of time for this to turn, but mark my words: Unless this just implodes somewhere along the line, this is gonna make a ton of money.  And I say this as someone who isn't always on the Marvel Hype Train, so that outta tell you somethin'.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Whether this is opening Phase 6 or closing Phase 5...this is gonna be the highest grossing R rated movie of all time. And I figured it was gonna clear a billion before...

People are still keeping track of the phases? 

As far as I can tell, we’re in Phase:Period Between Endgame and Inevitable X-Men Takeover

8 minutes ago, AJG said:

People are still keeping track of the phases? 

As far as I can tell, we’re in Phase:Period Between Endgame and Inevitable X-Men Takeover

I look at it more like Sagas now with the Avengers movies closing those out, so now Multiverse Saga probably followed up by Mutant saga???

1 hour ago, CloneWars said:

I look at it more like Sagas now with the Avengers movies closing those out, so now Multiverse Saga probably followed up by Mutant saga???

Galactus Saga more likely. The thing is they can introduce X-men, Midnight Sons, A-Force, Annihilators or any other team but none of them will be the finale of Saga. Finale of the saga will always be Avengers because everyone come together in Avengers movies to fight greater threat.

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The next saga in the MCU is rumored to be called the Eternity Saga. I’d prefer the Mutants Saga myself, which could theoretically culminate in an Avengers vs. X-Men film. 

Galactus was involved in Eternity Wars as a protagonist in comics. If they make an Avengers vs. X-Men film then it would be like Civil War movie.

Obviously biased here (but so are the people making the big predictions here) but Idk, the announcement seems incredibly twitter skewed and I personally haven't seen anyone irl talk about it. Reynolds viral marketing stuff generally seems to pull a lot of attention on the internet but I've rarely seen any sort of irl penetration. Going to be big and I can see $150 mil+ OW, but I feel like some people are going way overboard.

I don’t think tweet metrics are super meaningful, but the baseline here is pretty high right?  

DP1 had a rank 17 OW, currently 169M, 2024 maybe 180 ballpark.

DP2 fell a little, still ranked 29th, currently 145ish 2024 maybe 155 ballpark.   

MCU+Jackman wolverine are pretty clear value adds, so 175-225 isn’t very ambitious on the low end. Of course a lot depends on being a appealing movie with strong marketing blah blah blah but it’s a big subfranchise which just got a strong added value element.