kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

On 5/29/2023 at 2:16 PM, WittyUsername said:

I would’ve been fine with DoFP as their last outing, but this surprisingly doesn’t bother me. At least they won’t have the cloud of Bryan Singer or Brett Ratner hanging over them. I just hope they aren’t bringing them back so they can kill them off as part of a joke. 

I also suspect their cameos will be pretty much played for laughs since, let's face it, the Deadpool movies pretty much put comedy front and center.

But I agree killing them off as a joke would not be funny.

Edited by dudalb

On 5/29/2023 at 2:59 PM, Mr Roark said:

Collecting nostalgic cameos is one of the few appealing things the MCU have left, now that Gunn is gone.

People are writing off the MCU way too quickly. 

In sthe SPiderverse thread I mentioned that the "MCU Sucks" SONY Spidey fans are out in force. I see they are being joined by the "MCU Sucks" school of Fox X Men fans.

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

For what reason?

improv-heavy movie shot in a writer's strike that was pushed up 6 months and now opens 11 months after it barely even started filming, and it's from a director whose theatrical work has largely been more miss than hit.

• Like 1

I thought the November release would’ve at least given them time to go back and do reshoots after the strike hopefully ended, but now it’s coming out in less than a year. That’s crazy. 

CA4 has been filming far longer than this has, so why not let that movie keep its original date, and move this to July? 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TMP said:

improv-heavy movie shot in a writer's strike that was pushed up 6 months and now opens 11 months after it barely even started filming, and it's from a director whose theatrical work has largely been more miss than hit.

I don't know why people keep saying it's "improv heavy", we literally have a script for the first Deadpool movie from like 2011 that's basically the same dialogue as the final 2016 movie. I don't know why people just assume the movie is heavily improv because, if it was, they obviously wouldn't be moving it up.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

One thing is for sure, May opening has just made it a guaranteed Gigantic Opener, not that it wasn't before, but now it can unleash its opening potential better.

Definitely. Very likely gonna get close to if not beat Jokers R rated record.

• Like 1