kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

The fact this is being reported in the trades vs. being kept under wraps indicates Garner has a more substantial part than some throwaway cameo. Honestly rather cool to see her revisiting her early 2000s action star heyday, hopefully she has a memorable fight scene at least.

5 hours ago, Eric Bunny said:

Yep. Still relevant. It's so obvious Feige has no more ideas outside of using this multiverse contrivance BS for some fan service pandering. And even then, who is actually excited about Jennifer Garner back as Elektra? Nobody. Not one person.

They should have ended this after Endgame.

If Spider-Man fans got their No Way Home it's only fair that X-Men fans get theirs too

3 minutes ago, Royce said:

If Spider-Man fans got their No Way Home it's only fair that X-Men fans get theirs too

I mean, Days of Future Past kind of gave us that.

That being said… Gimme a Fassbender/McKellan scene together lol.

7 hours ago, YM! said:

A lot is riding on this and The Marvels being good. If this screws up, this basically will ruin the little momentum the multiverse saga has going for it. Phase 4 though very profitable was had similar mixed reception as the DCEU before the pandemic. If this gets similar reception, I think there’s not much else for the franchise to go outside of Avengers and Spidey.

DP3 and CA4 will do well at the box office, as there is a big fandom for these 2 characters. The Marvels is likely to flop even if it's good, as a large section of MCU hardcore fandom hates Captain Marvel/Brie Larson, and GA is either unaware of the movie or don't consider her a big character. And because of this, Avengers 5 doing as well as Spidey is also not certain, as DDC is directing the movie and we can expect a big role for Brie Larson in it.

Edited by Willowra
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Willowra said:

DP3 and CA4 will do well at the box office, as there is a big fandom for these 2 characters. The Marvels is likely to flop even if it's good, as a large section of MCU hardcore fandom hates Captain Marvel/Brie Larson, and GA is either unaware of the movie or don't consider her a big character. And because of this, Avengers 5 doing as well as Spidey is also not certain, as DDC is directing the movie and we can expect a big role for Brie Larson in it.

Let Me Stop You No GIF by Mike Hitt

Free Guy and The Adam Project had some surprising little moments of well shot hand-to-hand combat that have been cropping up in blockbusters recently. They always have a stunt team pre-vis style to the movements and angles.

I think after John Wick, stunt teams are getting more control and time over some of the action pieces. So I'm sure Deadpool III will carry that forwards.

Edited by FilmFincher

5 hours ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

This movie sounds like what people wanted Multiverse Of Madness to be.

that’s not a good thing.

I mean… it’s not a great thing. But it’s a helluva lot better than what DS2 actually was so I’ll cut it some slack

• Thanks 1

I'm actually happy to see that Garner's return to Elektra is receiving positive feedback, which is probably less due to any nostalgia associated with Daredevil than seeing her return to the types of projects that made her a household name (see also: Alias). Between this and that Angelina Jolie/Halle Berry movie announced a few months ago, the leading lady action stars of the early aughts are out to prove they've still got it.

(I would also welcome a potential 13 Going on 30 legacy sequel that brought back Ruffalo :lol: Make it happen, Sony!)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LegionGPT said:

WW-C seems like a more fair comparison? Still under. If Marvels and this both grab As then maybe

AOU WW-C is $1.17B or so. I guess that works but it's not tender. DP1 and DP2 both pulled nearly $800M with no China, so I'm hoping the cameos + MCU connection + inflation juice it a bit more than +45%. Obviously the most important thing is reception, but we can't realistically predict that so I'm just hoping it's more NWH than MOM.  

1 minute ago, XXR Electric Touch said:

AOU WW-C is $1.17B or so. I guess that works but it's not tender. DP1 and DP2 both pulled nearly $800M with no China, so I'm hoping the cameos + MCU connection + inflation juice it a bit more than +45%. Obviously the most important thing is reception, but we can't realistically predict that so I'm just hoping it's more NWH than MOM.  

Under. Think the MCU connection will be more of a hinderance than a help OW as seen with Guardians but can make up for it in legs. 

• Disbelief 1