kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

Just now, Manny G said:

Well they did, only with Cap 4 whcih was seemingly done😨😨

rumours were that Cap 4 and thunderbolts are connected. So maybe they want to coordinate the 2 movies a bit more and also not have a long timegap between them  (I haven't looked at leaks for a while and things could have changed by now)

5 minutes ago, Youngstar said:

rumours were that Cap 4 and thunderbolts are connected. So maybe they want to coordinate the 2 movies a bit more and also not have a long timegap between them  (I haven't looked at leaks for a while and things could have changed by now)

Then wouldn’t it have made more sense to move Cap 4 to December, and move Thunderbolts to 2025? 

Ah, whatever. I think we might as well give up on trying to make sense of Disney’s release strategy. One thing I can say is that 2025 is looking awfully crowded right now. 

Edit: Ok, so Thunderbolts is coming out in July 2025, and the Lion King prequel is taking the December spot. Meanwhile, I guess this will be the only MCU film of next year. Eh, whatever. I guess that works. 

Edited by WittyUsername

2 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Nice!

So this gets to be the first MCU movie of 2024! Will be their big comeback after Marvels.

9 months in between movies and then a (hopefully) banger with Deadpool. That could be good for the MCU after so many complaints about too much content coming too fast.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

Then wouldn’t it have made more sense to move Cap 4 to December, and move Thunderbolts to 2025? 

Ah, whatever. I think we might as well give up on trying to make sense of Disney’s release strategy. One thing I can say is that 2025 is looking awfully crowded right now. 

They did move Thundy to summer 2025 right after Superman, it a whoel shift

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Mufasa is getting the plum Christmas slot instead. That could be a train wreck. 

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Any guesses what might take the now vacated May 3rd slot? My guess is Sony moves Madame Web or moves up Kraven,

The other option is Disney moves up KOTPOTA three weeks so it doesn't clash with Furiosa

The idea of Madame Web being the movie that kicks off the Summer movie season next year is so funny to me that I hope they do that now. 

Just now, Bob Train said:

DP3 is the only MCU in 2024, but Fant4stic, Cap 4, Blade, Thunderbolts, and (probably) Spider-Man 4 in 2025?

I'd wager more delays are coming.

I'm not sure Sony would be able to find a good slot for a Spiderman film in 2025, I imagine they'd opt for 2026 instead