kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

19 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Deadpool already calling himself marvel Jesus, playing with the fact that the MCU isn’t in its best moment, is just great Deadpool moment.

I wanted to see more of Wolverine, but I’m sold by the trailer.

Good 4D chess move by Feige. Make a bunch of bad movies just so Deadpool can make jokes in his movie, and then the fans have your back again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

750-1100M

This is the range for me

finally after many years something to follow about the Mcu

Unfortunately it's not the Prime MCU

if it was the old MCU Deadpool X Wolverine would have passed 1.2B easily

1 minute ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Isn't the TVA in the comics, too? And no one in the trailer is from the TV show, so why would people link it to Loki unless they like Loki enough to retain that knowledge?

Yeah McFadyens character wasn't in the Loki show. I don't even think they used the Loki sets either, unless they're just repurposed/repainted.

15 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Out of curiosity, if they did learn an "obvious lesson" from The Marvels, what should they have done with a film already 80% to 95% done?

Yeah, that's baked into the film itself but does that hold for marketing? Could they basically have just "yada yada'd" Deadpool entering the multiverse and just sold the character/vibes after that's been established. That's the most realistic expectation. However, honestly, I was half-expecting "a superbowl commercial" as a deadpool ad in the vein of that korg-deadpool-Free Guy bit. 

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

Yeah McFadyens character wasn't in the Loki show. I don't even think they used the Loki sets either, unless they're just repurposed/repainted.

I didn't recognize anything from the TV show. Even the TVA logo looked different to me, but maybe it wasn't.

1 minute ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

Yeah, that's baked into the film itself but does that hold for marketing? Could they basically have just "yada yada'd" Deadpool entering the multiverse and just sold the character/vibes after that's been established. That's the most realistic expectation. However, honestly, I was half-expecting "a superbowl commercial" as a deadpool ad in the vein of that korg-deadpool-Free Guy bit. 

There's no real sign that the TVA is unpopular though.  Honestly feels like a nitpick to me.

3 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Isn't the TVA in the comics, too? And no one in the trailer is from the TV show, so why would people link it to Loki unless they like Loki enough to retain that knowledge?

Why would people link Ms. Marvel to the tv show Ms. Marvel when the marketing doesn't reference the show? People pick up on this sort of elevator pitch stuff. I just think "from the comics" reads differently than "from that TV show you don't know about or didn't watch" in part because audiences clearly know the MCU reintroduces comic aspects instead of being a continuation of them.

1 minute ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

Why would people link Ms. Marvel to the tv show Ms. Marvel when the marketing doesn't reference the show? People pick up on this sort of elevator pitch stuff. I just think "from the comics" reads differently than "from that TV show you don't know about or didn't watch" in part because audiences clearly know the MCU reintroduces comic aspects instead of being a continuation of them.

You can't be serious. You think the general audience is going to see the TVA reference, with no familiar sets, costume design, or actors, and link it to Loki?

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

There's no real sign that the TVA is unpopular though.  Honestly feels like a nitpick to me.

And Loki was genuinely a hit based on an existing Avengers character (like Wandavision). 

Whether or not it's pedantic, I personally didn't like the trailer and had similar thoughts. I think it's a concern even if you shouldn't take it to the bank. 

Of course, "this movie costars Wolverine" was baked into my knowledge" so I'd have liked to see Jackman as the co-lead of the film but perhaps that's the takeaway the generic superbowl watcher will take away. 

This might perform like GOTG [2014] but bigger. Look at that weak August and September schedule. Even July only has 4 wide movies right now.

July

05 DESPICABLE ME IV

12 | UNTITLED JOHANSSON/TATUM ROMCOM

19 TWISTERS

26 | DEADPOOL III

August

02 | HAROLD AND THE PURPLE CRAYON | TRAP

09 | BORDERLANDS | FLINT STRONG

16 | ALIEN: ROMULUS | HORIZON: AN AMERICAN SAGA II

23 | THE FORGE BLINK TWICE

30 | KRAVEN THE HUNTER

September

06 | BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE

13 | TRANSFORMERS ONE SPEAK NO EVIL

20 | WOLFS | THE WILD ROBOT

27 | SAW XI

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Unfortunately it's not the Prime MCU

if it was the old MCU Deadpool X Wolverine would have passed 1.2B easily

it’s an r rated movie which will probably be banned from China and other major Asian markets like in 2016 due to the jokes. So I think it tends to repeat the same range the other 2 movies got: between 700 and 790M we. If it’s really good and gets no banned from China, then something close to GOTG 3 ww box office might be possible.

Edited by leoh

3 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

And Loki was genuinely a hit based on an existing Avengers character (like Wandavision). 

Whether or not it's pedantic, I personally didn't like the trailer and had similar thoughts. I think it's a concern even if you shouldn't take it to the bank. 

Of course, "this movie costars Wolverine" was baked into my knowledge" so I'd have liked to see Jackman as the co-lead of the film but perhaps that's the takeaway the generic superbowl watcher will take away. 

I think you should search 'TVA' on Twitter. It's not negative at all. I don't think it's a concern in the least unless the next trailer shows Sylvie or the Loki tree.

13 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

I didn't recognize anything from the TV show. Even the TVA logo looked different to me, but maybe it wasn't.

The costumes are based on the show ones but I believe are new. It's the same design aesthetic but it looks like all the actual sets and props are new for the movie.

3 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

This might perform like GOTG [2014] but bigger. Look at that weak August and September schedule. Even July only has 4 wide movies right now.

July

05 DESPICABLE ME IV

12 | UNTITLED JOHANSSON/TATUM ROMCOM

19 TWISTERS

26 | DEADPOOL III

August

02 | HAROLD AND THE PURPLE CRAYON | TRAP

09 | BORDERLANDS | FLINT STRONG

16 | ALIEN: ROMULUS | HORIZON: AN AMERICAN SAGA II

23 | THE FORGE BLINK TWICE

30 | KRAVEN THE HUNTER

September