kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

3 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

You can't be serious. You think the general audience is going to see the TVA reference, with no familiar sets, costume design, or actors, and link it to Loki?

I don't really see how "generic secondary character from WandaVision is a lead on the Marvels" is treated as a "massive" problem for The Marvels but "the core premise of Loki is borrowed for Deadpool" is obviously only a positive. Prior to Echo, the D+ series have been treated rhetorically as the equivalent to a film. 

"How the ending of Loki/Loki and the Marvels connects to Deadpool 3" is the type of content that's going to quickly exist and this sort of stuff seeps downwards to some degree. I mean, we're not talking about specifics, just the vague elevator pitch of how a new superhero movie connects to either the comics or movies they haven't seen. 

I mean, the number of people who knew who Thanos was multiplied tenfold the week after Avengers came out even while comic les were unchanged. 

4 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

I don't really see how "generic secondary character from WandaVision is a lead on the Marvels" is treated as a "massive" problem for The Marvels but "the core premise of Loki is borrowed for Deadpool" is obviously only a positive. Prior to Echo, the D+ series have been treated rhetorically as the equivalent to a film. 

I know you walk the line without choosing a side most of the time, but is this you admitting the connection to the Disney+ shows is a negative for these films

5 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

I know you walk the line without choosing a side most of the time, but is this you admitting the connection to the Disney+ shows is a negative for these films

But it's also them saying the film looks to be ignoring the TV show, but that's still a negative, because the TV shows have the TVA.

10 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Yeah. I don't think it's self-evident (WandaVision -> Doctor Strange seemed to help) but I think The Marvels showed it to be an active negative and I think the way it arguably taps into the Kang narrative they were setting up is going to be a problem. I'm also confused because I thought Disney was sending active signals that they believed this was a problem too.

Edited by PlatnumRoyce

5 minutes ago, Manny G said:

Shocking it’s not  trending at all. A Deadpool movie let alone a hyped one like  this one not trending is just wow. Especially when movies like Twister or Wicked were able to enter the top20

Both were on the Nickelodeon broadcast. Deadpool wasn't.

EDIT: Twister and Wicked aren't Top 20, either...?

Edited by MysteryMovieMogul

3 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Both were on the Nickelodeon broadcast. Deadpool wasn't.

I mean does Ryan Reynold and Deadpool really need Nickelodeon to trend🤔his whole marketing brand is literally designed for online domination.

Looks ok /fine, I guess.

This is not a solo Deadpool movie, but the trailer sold it as just another Deadpool movie, which this movie clearly isn't meant to be. At least, the trailer hasn't spoiled the whole movie in 2 minutes, which is a freaking plus. I won't lie, I'm curious. So, they have my attention.

However, I'm not sold on the 1 billion worldwide club. At least, not yet. 

16 minutes ago, Manny G said:

Shocking it’s not  trending at all. A Deadpool movie let alone a hyped one like  this one not trending is just wow. Especially when movies like Twister or Wicked were able to enter the top20

twitter is a totally cooked website, means nothing tbh

1 hour ago, robertman2 said:

twitter is a totally cooked website, means nothing tbh

But Twitter and the internet in general is Ryan Reynold’s turf, this isn’t a Scorcese movie. Anyway Beyonce is dropping the movie so she’s overshadowing everyone now anyway.

1 hour ago, Manny G said:

This is absolutely not true, it was trending with 159k tweets. Reynolds post alone has 150+k likes.