kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

1 hour ago, Boxofficerules said:

This is the first superhero movie I'm seeing in the theaters in years.

This will be my third since Endgame (Guardians vol 3, Across the Spider-verse, and Deadpool 3).

And I was an MCU fanboy during phase 3. 

2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

The online/YouTube etc type critics seem to like it, the trade/traditional media critics seem to hate it. With very little middle ground 

Again feels like a Mario. The fans/GA really don’t need a good movie, they just need the beats to hit to be satisfied. Once they put in Levy, that’s were expectations more or less should be as his best reviewed movie is Free Guy.

Edited by YM!

9 minutes ago, Hades said:

So did they cut Cassandra from this film...no one has said anything about  the villian.

That should tell you all you need to know.

Based on what I'm seeing on youtube expect this to be Normy critic praise heavy

Top critics will probably blast this.

Solid RT score but a mid metascore 

Probably 7ish/10 avg due to 10/10s  drown out harsh reviews

12 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

The online/YouTube etc type critics seem to like it, the trade/traditional media critics seem to hate it. With very little middle ground 

The trailer is SO bad. Drab and ugly visuals. The typical cringeworthy "aren't we likeable???" Marvel 'jokes' that fall splat on their face, the random "ha, you didn't see that coming did you ;)" Madonna song. Just all around horrible. 

• Like 1

It feels like it will be lucky to get a MOM critical reception right now. And Shawn Levy is not Sam Raimi in filmmaking skills or even close to it.  But it could be much more of a GA/Casual pleaser than that was. Who knows. This why the social media reaction thing  sucks so much.  We have like 18 hours here to do what we are doing here  before we get actual reviews.

Well do WE know the budget of it ? It would be still profitable and be in top 5  R rated movies After all might not beat Oppenheimer and joker but 900m like mom is good 

4 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

And I do not  want a Super Mario brother level quality movie here. With all the mediorce stuff that has been coming out of the MCU I wanted better than that. We should all want better than that.

Mario? 

probably one of the boring animation movie of the last 5 years