kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

47 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

The fact that ya'll just decided to ignore RT and focus on Metacritic kind of confirms this thread has been taken over by concern trolls.

RT is pretty mediocre too tbh. will finish with low 70s which would be around MoM

Edited by lorddemaxus

The last 24 hours of this thread is exhibit A for what a insane asylum this place truly is.  Are we seeing Dark Knight level reviews here? Of Course not., And anybody that thought a Shawn Levy movie would get that level of praise is insane.  But we sure as shit are not seeing Batman and Robin or even close as some suggested. Unless this pulls a WW 1984 it's probably not going rotten and it probably stays above 70%. And by all accounts it will be a  GA crowd pleaser.   

Low to mid 70s it is then*.  Bit lower than I thought it would likely  be last night, but a bit higher than I thought it would be this morning.

* Well, probably.

Should be good enough to keep the fuel of the current pace of ticket sales, but we'll see about it being good enough to add some jet fuel to them.

Edited by Porthos

21 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Good point.

Movies like Venom, Suicide Squad and Deadpool appeal to juggalos, bikers and juvenile delinquents. They could give two shits about "metacritic".

These movies are critic proof.

God, so much is wrong with that.

You leave out quality. The Deadpool movies and ths Second Suicide Squad movie are a lot better then the Venom movies.

And I don't think that " juggalos, bikers and juvenile delinquents" alone can generate the kind of box office the Deadpool movies have.

4 minutes ago, leoh said:

IndieWire needs a new editor, because the review's sub-header doesn't mean what it thinks it means:

As clever as it is cringe-inducing, "Deadpool & Wolverine" makes a surprisingly decent case in defense of its dying genre.

I think the words 'dying' and 'genre' should be switched if the review is in defense of the genre ending.

5 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

The last 24 hours of this thread is exhibit A for what a insane asylum this place truly is.  Are we seeing Dark Knight level reviews here? Of Course not., And anybody that thought a Shawn Levy movie would get that level of praise is insane.  But we sure as shit are not seeing Batman and Robin or even close as some suggested. Unless this pulls a WW 1984 it's probably not going rotten and it probably stays above 70%. And by all accounts it will be a  GA crowd pleaser.   

This place has always had a lot of BiPolar..what used to be called Manic Depressive users. Either a movie is going to be a gigantic hit or a huge flop..nothing in between.

I think that the return of Deadpool and having him with Wolverine is enough of a box office draw to make this a pretty big hit. 

And I can name plenty of movies with not very good RT scores that have been huge box office hits.

You alos have a problem with those proclaiming the MCU is dead the MCU fans who think everything ts going to go back the way they were before 2020. I think the MCU will survive, but it will not have the kind of phenmenol sucess it had between 2012 (when the Avengers came out) and 2019. That was akind of thing that only happens once in a very great while, and expecting it t last forever was never very realistic.

2 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

IndieWire needs a new editor, because the review's sub-header doesn't mean what it thinks it means:

I think the words 'dying' and 'genre' should be switched if the review is in defense of the genre ending.

Few genres die out, they go up and down in popularity.

r

Wolverine and Cassandra are the best part of the movie for me.
they are truly incredible and their lines of dialogue will leave you speechless, in fact I would have liked a film just about the two of them.
Deadpool is Deadpool

for better or for worse. if you like it you will like it if you don't like it.... bear with it.
There are surprises. there are action scenes too and the film fortunately never gets boring

Movie is fucking incredible. One of the best theater experience I’ve had. Best MCU movie post Endgame for me. Has everything peak mcu had in the infinity saga.

I will be shocked if audiences don’t love this. 

Edited by thajdikt
  • Like 2

Deadpool: 85% - 7.1 rating

Deadpool 2: 84% - 7.1 rating

Deadpool & Wolverine: 79% - 7.1 rating

Clearly will be a step down in overall critical reception, but not considerably so. It doesn't sound like these reviews will be problematic for box office performance and audience reception, particularly given what the reviews are saying. But who knows - it remains to be seen.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 2

Just gonna point out that Eric has already opened up the Spoiler/RTM thread:

Already seen some semi-spoily stuff in this thread from folks, and while I personally don't care one whit, others might.

Just thought I should bring it to folks attention.

This is such a wild thread though. I was nearly convinced that this would be rotten on RT based on the doom and gloom here. Judging by what the negative reviews are saying this still seems like a movie audiences will really like. Still going with an A Cinemascore.

• Like 3