kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

Oh, God...we're on the runtime discussion, huh?

Personally, I only ever get worried about runtimes if they seem excessively short and there's also some barely disguised issues with the production. Like, 90-100 minute movies that are meant to have wide-ranging consequences and cover huge canvases are going to be red flags. But just over 2 hours is obviously not inherently an issue. I felt the second Deadpool had some major pacing issues. It just didn't flow well. Runtime had nothing to do with that. 

41 minutes ago, YM! said:

If DP&W misses 1B, it won’t be due to runtime. Besides, the previous movies were both under two hours.

The "longer runtime equals better" thing is not remotely a universal rule. There have been long movies with lots of success, but that doesn't mean shorter movies that bomb just needed half an hour tacked onto them.

This is also evidenced by the fact that two hours...is not short.

Ya'll know that this is just 18 mins shorter than NWH right? And that had the whole Spidey as Peter being public knowledge/Doctor Strange trying to make the world forget etc. buildup before the multiverse shenanigans started. This OTOH seems like it would pretty much immediately jump into the TVA capturing Wade.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Ya'll know that this is just 18 mins shorter than NWH right? And that had the whole Spidey as Peter being public knowledge/Doctor Strange trying to make the world forget etc. buildup before the multiverse shenanigans started. This OTOH seems like it would pretty much immediately jump into the TVA capturing Wade.

I'd rather they take their time and have a little fun with the characters before jumping into the main plot.

23 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Anything under two and a half hours is "short" now apparently.

Also, this I believe is the first image of the Wolverine mask that isn't some kind of leak. Guessing they're not hiding it in the marketing then. Hell it's probably in whatever they're showing at their presentation.

On 4/7/2024 at 8:01 PM, HummingLemon496 said:

Run time is 2 hours 10 minutes

DS2 - 2h 6m (bad audience reception)

Thor 4 - 1h 59m (bad audience reception)

BP2- 2h 41m (good audience reception)

AM3 - 2h 5m (bad audience reception)

GOTG 3 - 2h 29m (good audience reception)

The Marvels - 1h 45m (bad audience reception)

I know correlation doesn't equal causation but it seems like recently, short run time = B range audience reception, long run time = A range audience reception

How does Eternals fit into this pattern?

On 4/8/2024 at 5:10 AM, SpiderByte said:

Do people here just...not know they already released a trailer 

MCU "fans" need to realize that it's not 2019 or hell even 2021 anymore. The less is more marketing won't work now. And it was a teaser!

10 minutes ago, Mad Max007 said:

MCU "fans" need to realize that it's not 2019 or hell even 2021 anymore. The less is more marketing won't work now. And it was a teaser!

"less is more" are you fucking blind it aired during the Super Bowl and hit record views. How is that "less is more"????

• Knock It Off 2

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

"less is more" are you fucking blind it aired during the Super Bowl and hit record views. How is that "less is more"????

What the hell are people even talking about here? It's like they are in some different reality. That was a trailer that debuted and it has  enormous views and they would have to have their  up their  ass to not be aware of it. 

Edited by emoviefan

8 hours ago, kestrel said:

How does Eternals fit into this pattern?

Even at 2 and a half hours, Eternals was way too rushed imo. It really should've been a 2 parter. Movie 1: All the stuff that took place in the past and movie 2: focuses on the present day storyline.

11 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Relax, take a deep breath. You know what I meant, the usual style of MCU marketing that they used to do for movies before. It's not that serious to get angry.

13 minutes ago, Mad Max007 said:

Relax, take a deep breath. You know what I meant, the usual style of MCU marketing that they used to do for movies before. It's not that serious to get angry.

I genuinely have no idea what you are talking about. "Less is more" has only been a thing with...what maybe Endgame hiding the title and the time travel stuff? But that still had a huge marketing push 

• Like 1