kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

24 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Lmao why the hell is this thread about Deadpool 3 so obsessed with Taylor Swift 

Because if she is in the movie or people believe she is that will turn it into a billion dollar movie. yeah I know makes no sense to me either.

I guess I’ll be the guy who’ll try to change the subject here. Does anyone remember hearing about Tim Miller’s pitch for DP2? If I recall, he wanted to possibly do a multiverse story with the Josh Trank Fantastic Four characters crossing over with Deadpool, but the idea was scrapped because Reynolds wanted it to continue the winning formula of the first film.

Given that DP3 is a multiverse movie that’s supposed to feature a bunch of other Fox Marvel characters, that seems almost poetic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HummingLemon496 said:

There's a prediction on this thread right after Wolverine was announced saying $225M OW. Maybe at May 2022 strength it does it? I guess we'll never know :o

Dude move on. You got to let go of the May 2022 thing.

1 hour ago, emoviefan said:

Dude move on. You got to let go of the May 2022 thing.

This is true 😅

As an MCU stan, I wish there was an alternate timeline where DS2/Thor 4/Ant-Man 3 had good reception 

And some people do not realize how impressive DS2's performance is. A solo B-list character did nearly $200M OW, that is just insane. It didn't even need to be a cultural phenomenon like Black Panther. DS1 grossed about 1/3rd of The Avengers domestically and yet DS2 had a bigger opening day than Avengers 2. That's damn mindblowing. 

Edited by HummingLemon496

DS2 was the furthest thing from solo lmfao it was a duo film that was sold by the marketing as basically a group film with cameo galore in the vein that NWH was

A straightforward, gimmick-less DS2 would not open anywhere near what MoM opened to

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

DS2 was the furthest thing from solo lmfao it was a duo film that was sold by the marketing as basically a group film with cameo galore in the vein that NWH was

A straightforward, gimmick-less DS2 would not open anywhere near what MoM opened to

100% true.

DP3 is going to be marketed as such as we get closer and closer to the release.

I bet Marvel and Reynolds didn't think they'd have to deal with Tay Tay putting hints in the lyrics of her new album

The future's bright, dazzling... are the last words on the album. Seems like a done deal at this point.

On 4/18/2024 at 4:12 AM, JustLurking said:

Ok, fair enough. The movie is mainly Doctor Strange with Wanda as the villain which is why I personally consider it solo (it's not like Civil War which has like 15 characters) but yeah it definitely had an event-level hook

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I mean, she could be in the movie or whatever. But I don't think Swift had Deadpool in mind when she was writing the lyrics for a song made for 15 yr old girls.

I mean if you heard Out of Ashes without context you'd never guess it was for Deadpool 2

On 4/18/2024 at 3:59 PM, HummingLemon496 said:

And some people do not realize how impressive DS2's performance is. A solo B-list character did nearly $200M OW, that is just insane. It didn't even need to be a cultural phenomenon like Black Panther. DS1 grossed about 1/3rd of The Avengers domestically and yet DS2 had a bigger opening day than Avengers 2. That's damn mindblowing. 

DS2 reception lost the MCU the mandate of heaven. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I mean, she could be in the movie or whatever. But I don't think Swift had Deadpool in mind when she was writing the lyrics for a song made for 15 yr old girls.

The most annoying, lazy, and inaccurate criticism of Taylor is that her music is "made for 15 year old girls".

I would point out that Swifties are (in)famous for... looking for hidden meanings in any and all Taylor Swift material.

So it is not exactly a surprise to see people leap to a conclusion here. 

Might be intentional, might not be.  Might also be Confirmation Bias, as well as some folks playing to the audience for likes and clicks.

Either way, helps build buzz for the film.  How much buzz and how much that actually matters in the grand scheme of things is more debatable.

14 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

I bet Marvel and Reynolds didn't think they'd have to deal with Tay Tay putting hints in the lyrics of her new album

The future's bright, dazzling... are the last words on the album. Seems like a done deal at this point.

I  had not heard the Dazzler part of the rumor  before, but  Levy sounds just like the producer who made the same "Wait Until June and see" comment..which seems to be the standard approach.

I am VERY skeptical about rumors, but am moving int the direction of buying into this one, simply because I don't think the studio would want to deal with the Dissapointment factor is she is NOT in the movie after the hype it is getting.