75Live

Weekend Thread | est. DS 43 | Trolls 35 | Arrival 24 | Alm.X-Mas 15.56 | Hacksaw 10.77 | Account. 4.57 |

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I doubt he'll ever do a blockbuster but he'll do more midbudget films with $50-70m budgets, studios will take a risk with him if he delivers with Blade Runner

That's pretty much my thinking. I'm positive that Blade Runner 2 will have a 80m dollar budget, and with him making the film, I think it's in good hands.

13 minutes ago, cannastop said:

If people were afraid of riots, they wouldn't bring their kids to Trolls either.

Though if they were showing Zootopia right now, even I would be afraid to show up.

Many people still go out but some stay behind. With Veterans Day, you would expect those numbers to be higher right? What do I know, maybe the bump will happen on Saturday.....

5 minutes ago, YSLDC said:

I think a 55% drop is good, if you compare other drops this year. Actually, it will be the best for a comic book movie this year.  

Ehh I think two other comic book movies opened up on holiday weekends which inflate their OW numbers and have harsher second weekend drops. 

I was expecting a much better hold for DS. It doesn't have much competition and it was well received. But I also have to take into account that expectations do not equal reality and a $37M second weekend is pretty good for it. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Doctor Rth said:

DS 13-14, Trolls 11.5, Arrival 9

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

THR and Variety had it at 36M+ earlier. Deadline's projection was slightly too early. Probably looking at 13-14M Friday. 13 would give it 13-14.5-9.5 for around 37M and 14 would be 14-15.5-10 for 39.5M

12-13M for Trolls will be 32-34M. The Trolls hold is unreal.

11.5M for Trolls means 11.5-13-7 for 31.5M weekend. Still pretty awesome. Strange headed for the 36-39M range. Arrival most likely 22M.

23 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I doubt he'll ever do a blockbuster but he'll do more midbudget films with $50-70m budgets, studios will take a risk with him if he delivers with Blade Runner

Blade Runner's budget is 150-200M.

22 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

That's pretty much my thinking. I'm positive that Blade Runner 2 will have a 80m dollar budget, and with him making the film, I think it's in good hands.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Blade Runner's budget is 150-200M.

Just now, Webslinger said:

I'm still amazed that we're getting a new Blade Runner movie at all, let alone one with an apparently huge budget.

Any thoughts, @filmlover? After all, we are talking about the most sacred of cows for you.

With the talent behind it (Ford, Gosling, Villeneuve), I could not be more excited.

I think the reason why Trolls number is lower is because some of the kid+family audiences went see the Arrival because when I went to one showing, a good amount of the audiences were surprisingly kid and family audiences, which is not the type of movie to attract them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrisman0606 said:

I think the reason why Trolls number is lower is because some of the kid+family audiences went see the Arrival because when I went to one showing, a good amount of the audiences were surprisingly kid and family audiences, which is not the type of movie to attract them.

The Trolls number is huge.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chrisman0606 said:

How did they act?

I passed it up temporarily for Trolls which was still extremely crowded. And this was in the middle of the afternoon. What happened to children going to school?

1 minute ago, Morieris said:

How did they act?

I passed it up temporarily for Trolls which was still extremely crowded. And this was in the middle of the afternoon. What happened to children going to school?

Uh, do you realize that today is Veteran's Day?

Edited by cannastop
  • Like 2