FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Moana - 55.5/81.1M; Fantastic Beasts - 45.1M; Doctor Strange - 13.4M; Allied - 13/18M; Arrival - 11.3M; Trolls - 10.3M; Bad Santa 2 - 6.1/9M

1 minute ago, MinaTakla said:

DHD

Paramount’s Arrival in sixth is holding up with $2.1M yesterday, $10.9M over three days (-10% in its third sesh), $15M over five-days and a running total by Sunday of $61.8M.

http://deadline.com/2016/11/moana-fantastic-beasts-tuesday-box-office-thanksgiving-1201859220/

Cool. It should have ~75M heading in the lucrative 2-week Christmas break. Where it goes from there will depend on screen count and awards attention. $100M is not completely out of the question. 

• Like 2

So I saw Fantastic Beasts. Its a mixed bag. A lot there to like but a huge amount of problems namely the pacing and muddled plot threads setting up future installments. The beasts themselves felt more as a background thought to everything else that was going on.

C+

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Cool. It should have ~75M heading in the lucrative 2-week Christmas break. Where it goes from there will depend on screen count and awards attention. $100M is not completely out of the question. 

Yes I think it's holding well so far. Hoping it keeps holding well in the next weeks. 

2 hours ago, La Binoche said:

After seeing Dr Strange I'm convinced that there's some kind of bribing going on between Disney and critics. Maybe they really spoil critics and set them up with great perks. Or maybe there's a certain fear/threat of what they could do to their careers. But there's definitely something going on. It doesn't add up. The quality of the movies and the scores simply do not add up. 

Strange is OK, at least it is entertaining.

Guardians of Galaxy, Ultron, however...

Following Rth and not Deadline

Awesome for Moana! 1M over Frozen. +90M 5day assured!

Great for FB and DS despite facing a huge opening! I am projecting 62M for FB and 19M for DS.

Aggregated, 5day should be around 260M. That's great!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, IMojammer said:

http://deadline.com/2016/11/moana-fantastic-beasts-tuesday-box-office-thanksgiving-1201859220/

Wed/FSS/5-day

15.4/60+/90+ - Moana

11.2/40/60 - Fantastic Beasts

Wed/5-day

2.9/17.4 - Allied

1.55/9 - Bad Santa

0.31/2.35 - Rules Don't Apply

2.8/19.8 - Dr Strange

2.8/16.7 - Trolls

0.7/4.67 - Edge Seventeen

Thank you for the chart

Differences to Asgard:

DS at $3.2m, Trolls at $2.9m, and Allied at $2.7m

= twice higher and once less than deadline thinks.

Can't wait to see who 'wins'. I guess Asgard, but it is early

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, zackzack said:

Strange is OK, at least it is entertaining.

Guardians of Galaxy, Ultron, however...

I'm not real hyped about many Marvel films, but Guardians is damn fun

Occam's Razor dictates that maybe you and most critics simply disagree  

• Like 1