FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Moana - 55.5/81.1M; Fantastic Beasts - 45.1M; Doctor Strange - 13.4M; Allied - 13/18M; Arrival - 11.3M; Trolls - 10.3M; Bad Santa 2 - 6.1/9M

at this point I'm not even bothered by those "predictions" themselves, what really bothers me is that weird confidence stemmed from such illogical ground. "Just watch. Wait and see!"

someone had a bad childhood with his unfulfilled wish of a disney trip.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Alli said:

I'm surprised at the low numbers for Allied. The reviews were not bad. I thought Pitt had more starring power. Maybe it will have good legs.

Reviews aren't great, and Paramount didn't have any confidence in the film enough to let reviews be released only a few days before release. Sadly it's probably gonna lose them a lot of money. Plus just cause Pitt's in it, doesn't mean that people will always show-up. The concept has to be great enough for them to show-up.

• Like 2

1). Moana  (DIS), 3,875 Theaters / $15.7M Wed. (includes $2.6M previews)/ 3-day cume: $62M /5-day: $85.8M-$90M/Wk 1

2). Fantastic Beasts…  (WB), 4,144 theaters / $11.1M Wed./ 3-day cume: $40M(-46%)/5-day: $60M/Total: $150.5m/Wk 2

3).Doctor Strange  (DIS), 3,008 theaters (-686) / $3M Wed. / 3-day cume: $14.5M- (-18%) /5-day:$20.1M/Total cume: $206.37M/Wk 4

4.) Trolls  (DWA/20th Century Fox), 3,378 theaters (-567) / $2.66M Wed. / 3-day cume: $11.1M (-50%) /5-day: $15.5M/Total Cume: $136.4M/Wk 4

5). Allied (PAR), 3,160 Theaters / $2.7M Wed. (includes $600k previews)/ 3-day cume: $10.3M /5-day: $15.3M/Wk 1

• Like 9

4 hours ago, filmlover said:

Rules Don't Apply isn't even going to make as much as Town & Country despite 15 years of inflation. Miserable.

At least it's budget is relatively smaller, and the film didn't have a huge behind the scenes production mess. Still, oh well.

2 hours ago, SteveJaros said:

Saw Moana yesterday and liked it a LOT, very entertaining. But it's not reaching $300m DOM, it will stop at around $220m, well behind Fantastic Beasts. 

At this point you have no choice of not convincing me that you're not anti-Disney. 

10 minutes ago, MinaTakla said:

ARRIVAL's estimates seem to be up from earlier:

Paramount’s Arrival in sixth is holding up with $2.1M yesterday, $11.5M over three days $15.8M over five-days 

http://deadline.com/2016/11/moana-fantastic-beasts-tuesday-box-office-thanksgiving-1201859220/

Not sure how they get that for Arrival but $10.3m for Allied which has a the same 2.1 Wed - minus Tues reviews.

28 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I don't think there was any way of making Rules Don't Apply anything more than a miserable flop tbh. Beatty is too far removed from his prime to have any significance for today's audience, and the movie looks like it has the kind of out-of-time quality that recalls Aloha or the worst of latter day Woody Allen.

Beatty was too far removed from his prime 20 years ago.