FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Moana - 55.5/81.1M; Fantastic Beasts - 45.1M; Doctor Strange - 13.4M; Allied - 13/18M; Arrival - 11.3M; Trolls - 10.3M; Bad Santa 2 - 6.1/9M

Guys. Seriously, guys.

filmlover's status at Filmgasm was "Don't Mess with Me" for a reason. You Do. Not. Mess. With. Him. When it comes to being the one most anticipating a given movie. And although it stands with Manchester by the Sea as one of only two films that I strongly suspect could unseat Moonlight as my favorite film of 2016 (unless Silence is in the same Taxi Driver/Raging Bull/Goodfellas/Departed echelon of Scorsese's filmography), I'm definitely not gonna sit here and pretend like I'm anticipating La La Land's release nearly as fervently as he is. @filmlover ;)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Webslinger said:

Guys. Seriously, guys.

filmlover's status at Filmgasm was "Don't Mess with Me" for a reason. You Do. Not. Mess. With. Him. When it comes to being the one most anticipating a given movie. And although it stands with Manchester by the Sea as one of only two films that I strongly suspect could unseat Moonlight as my favorite film of 2016 (unless Silence is in the same Taxi Driver/Raging Bull/Goodfellas/Departed echelon of Scorsese's filmography), I'm definitely not gonna sit here and pretend like I'm anticipating La La Land's release nearly as fervently as he is. @filmlover ;)

This guy gets it.

Friday numbers are a mere formality at this point. We all know that Moana is looking at a really solid weekend that trails Frozen, Fantastic Beasts is going to have a relatively good hold, Doctor Strange and Trolls will get something of a boost from the holiday weekend, Allied and Arrival are running the table on adult audiences, and everything else isn't worth writing home about.

What are the chances Loving (even though it isn't showing much signs of box office longevity unless awards resurrect it, which appears doubtful atm) and Nocturnal Animals will get wide releases (at least 800 theaters) next weekend or after? Theaters are gonna be completely dropping Billy Lynn, Bleed for This, and Rules Don't Apply as soon as their two-week contracts let up.

2 minutes ago, Doctor Rth and his FBeasts said:

Fri looking like

Moana 21.8, FBWTFT 18.2,DS 5.5,All 5,Arr 4.5, Tr 4.1,BS2 2.5,HR 2.2

Oh wow, could Fantastic Beasts actually be looking at a sub-40% drop? That would be spectacular, especially after all the doom and gloom when the preview number came in.

8 minutes ago, Doctor Rth and his FBeasts said:

Fri looking like

Moana 21.8, FBWTFT 18.2,DS 5.5,All 5,Arr 4.5, Tr 4.1,BS2 2.5,HR 2.2

Moana weekend now looking like

Wed+Thu: 25.5

Fri: 22

Sat: 20.5M (-5.5%)

Sun: 12.5M (-38%)

Weekend: 55M/80M

FB looking like

Wed+Thu: 20.6M

Fri: 18.2

Sat: 16.6M

Sun: 10M

Weekend: 44.8M/65.4M

• Like 3

RTH's post - wow, just in time to look into BOT

3 hours ago, La Binoche said:

I haven't had solid food since Tuesday, I can't go out, my face is swollen...are Friday numbers too much to ask for? 

For me it is day 13 I am bedridden - since I broke my ankle I try since yesterday to put ~ 10% weight on it in during the short times I am allwed to leave the bed. Now a bit more than till ~ Friday - I feel with you about the boredom

2016 Domestic B.O. Hits $10B At Record Pace; Will We See A New $11B+ Record If ‘Rogue One’ Falls Short Of ‘Force…

Fidel Castro died

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

What are the chances Loving (even though it isn't showing much signs of box office longevity unless awards resurrect it, which appears doubtful atm) and Nocturnal Animals will get wide releases (at least 800 theaters) next weekend or after? Theaters are gonna be completely dropping Billy Lynn, Bleed for This, and Rules Don't Apply as soon as their two-week contracts let up.

One of the theatres close to me lists both as opening on December 9, but they occupied the most prominent "Coming Soon" positions when I was there to see Allied today, so I wouldn't be completely surprised to see one of them pop up next Friday. Or at least that's what has me crossing my fingers.