FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Moana - 55.5/81.1M; Fantastic Beasts - 45.1M; Doctor Strange - 13.4M; Allied - 13/18M; Arrival - 11.3M; Trolls - 10.3M; Bad Santa 2 - 6.1/9M

If we add the (41+15)=56 million in OW from China and Japan to the Int'l OW for FB, then (145+56)=201 million and with a x 2.8 OS multiplier FB grosses around 560 million. So there's a good chance FB cracks 770-780 million WW. :D:D

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mad Max said:

If we add the (41+15)=56 million in OW from China and Japan to the Int'l OW for FB, then (145+56)=201 million and with a x 2.8 OS multiplier FB grosses around 560 million. So there's a good chance FB cracks 770-780 million WW. :D:D

Adding China is tricky because about now a 2 multiplier is a good thing in that market for most foreign ten tpoles.

41 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

To be fair, all of those actors you mentioned probably don't get much love from the current generation either. They just happened to have made more movies regarded as classics because they aren't complete control freaks like Beatty. 

Nicholson still gets a lot of love, it's just that he hasn't made a movie in 6 years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Since it's skewing older (though I wonder if that holds true after the second w/e) it might hit the low 70s

either way it'll totally retrieve the #1 spot from Moana. I can't see Moana doing any better than 81~82% drop even with the most optimistic predicition. (83.5%+ has been the standard for the animated films)

Great numbers for Moana and Fantastic Beasts.

The other openers range from tepid to horrible. Rules Don't Apply, I mean what can you really say?

Yas Arrival. Hope it can leg it out to $100M. Pretty good holds for most movies actually. 

Great expansion for Manchester by the Sea, hopefully the first of many.

• Like 2

oh we're doing updated rankings?

• god
    • tumblr_oh5erqcJ9k1v9oda2o1_r2_400.giftumblr_oh5erqcJ9k1v9oda2o3_r4_400.giftumblr_oh5erqcJ9k1v9oda2o7_r2_400.gif
         tumblr_inline_nc7dwr2WEe1qd4k9f.gifMoana_emojiv5.pngtumblr_inline_nc7dwr2WEe1qd4k9f.gifMoana_emojiv5.pngtumblr_inline_nc7dwr2WEe1qd4k9f.gif MOANA tumblr_inline_nc7dwr2WEe1qd4k9f.gifMoana_emojiv5.pngtumblr_inline_nc7dwr2WEe1qd4k9f.gifMoana_emojiv5.pngtumblr_inline_nc7dwr2WEe1qd4k9f.gif

tumblr_oh5erqcJ9k1v9oda2o4_r2_400.giftumblr_oh5erqcJ9k1v9oda2o6_r8_400.giftumblr_oh5erqcJ9k1v9oda2o5_r6_400.gif

tumblr_inline_oftnwlxBdj1qdld5l_500.gif tumblr_inline_oha0nkflqm1qdld5l_500.gif
  • great
    • zootopia, the handmaiden, money monster, eye in the sky, the shallows, bastille day, arrival
  • good
    • race, the jungle book, captain america: civil war, 10 cloverfield lane, eddie the eagle, lights out, neighbors 2: sorority rising, the huntsman: winter's war (extended), now you see me 2, the purge: election year, queen of katwe, nerve, don't breathe
  • fine
    • deadpool, gods of egypt, the legend of tarzan, independence day: resurgence
  • bad
    • batman v superman: dawn of justice (ultimate edition), the divergent series: allegiant, suicide squad, our kind of traitor, sully
  • horrible
    • london has fallen

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Great numbers for Moana and Fantastic Beasts.

The other openers range from tepid to horrible. Rules Don't Apply, I mean what can you really say?

Yas Arrival. Hope it can leg it out to $100M. Pretty good holds for most movies actually. 

Great expansion for Manchester by the Sea, hopefully the first of many.

With $62M that's impossible imo.

Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 1

Arrival should get to 85 before the Oscar nominations. If it were a Picture/Director frontrunner maybe it could crawl to 100 from there but the chances of that are highly unlikely so I'm guessing a low 90s finish. Very solid run, but it's entirely Paramount's fault it's not gonna end up higher. Exact same situation as Flight with those idiotic theater counts. 

• Like 2