Water Bottle

Get Out | February 24th | Under Comedy/Musical Category at Golden Globes

2 minutes ago, ban1o said:

this i off topic but why was there so much backlash over the Netflix trailer? I swear the original movie didn't have that much backlash.It's odd. 

Because these wackos are emboldened now. It's amazing what happens when Neo-Nazis (er, sorry, "the alt right") take over the government. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Because these wackos are emboldened now. It's amazing what happens when Neo-Nazis (er, sorry, "the alt right") take over the government. 

yeah I guess. It's weird. I mean I dont' even get what in the trailer offended people so much. Saying white people shouldn't wear blackface? The horror!!!! Maybe it's the title that offends people. I didn't even like the original movie but it was mostly satirical. It wasn't even that serious. 

Edited by ban1o

12 minutes ago, ban1o said:

yeah I guess. It's weird. I mean I dont' even get what in the trailer offended people so much. Saying white people shouldn't wear blackface? The horror!!!! Maybe it's the title that offends people. I didn't even like the original movie but it was mostly satirical. It wasn't even that serious. 

Yeah the thing is it is not even that good a movie to begin with.

1 hour ago, ban1o said:

yeah it's definitely the title, i doubt many who were offended by the movie even saw it. 

that would also explain why movies like Moonlight and Hidden Figures don't have race related backlashes.

Edited by Goffe

14 minutes ago, Goffe said:

yeah it's definitely the title, i doubt many who were offended by the movie even saw it. 

that would also explain why movies like Moonlight and Hidden Figures don't have race related backlashes.

lol you clearly never went to the imdb boards for Hidden Figures. That place was poison. God I'm glad they got rid of them. 

And before the movie went wide it had like a 6 on imdb because people were down voting it lol. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

So by now is it the best reviewed movie since Toy Story 2... how many years ago???

Toy Story 2 was 1999. That was 18 years ago.

This is kinda special, actually. I think that, between the ridiculous RT score and the racism commentary, this movie is set to be the horror sensation of the year that isn't called Split.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ban1o said:

this i off topic but why was there so much backlash over the Netflix trailer? I swear the original movie didn't have that much backlash.It's odd. 

"Cuz freeze peach"

Mostly b/c with tensions so inflamed nowadays, people on that side will latch onto anything to reinforce negative stereotypes/attitudes.