POTUS 2020

Weekend BO- Actuals Mo 18.53, OCP 16.89, FB 10.43, Arr 5.58, NA 3.16, MbtS 3.13

6 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

The only truly beautiful person on Friends was Courtney Cox. Aniston is...well groomed and toned. The rest...eh.  

You state your opinions like they are some kind of fact.  You can have an opinion that Aniston isn't as pretty as Cox, but that doesn't mean it's true.  We all have our opinions of what beauty is.  

• Like 6

The only truly beautiful person on Friends was Courtney Cox. Aniston is...well groomed and toned. The rest...eh.  

Matter of taste. I stand by my earlier post. And actually you did not disagree with me [emoji4]

7 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

It will hit $200m on Sunday.  

or Monday at the latest. 223 will give it 3x.

If it behaves like MJ2 (which had to contend with a bigger star wars film worth 937m) form now on, it will get 233.

5 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

You state your opinions like they are some kind of fact.  You can have an opinion that Aniston isn't as pretty as Cox, but that doesn't mean it's true.  We all have our opinions of what beauty is.  

When we discuss someone's beauty, it's always based on opinion. That goes without saying. There are no facts when it comes to beauty. Did I really need to preface my post with "THIS IS MY OPINION, NOT A FACT"? 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Always had a thing for Lisa Kudrow aka Phoebe...She was a virgin in real life and I always wanted to shape the passage...

• Community Manager
3 hours ago, Eevin said:

If we're still discussing sitcoms, little peeved I haven't seen anyone mention The Office. Obviously not a perfect show, and it had anywhere from two to five terrible seasons depending on your taste, but it's one of the most quotable and influential sitcoms ever IMO. I feel like it's not talked about as much anymore since Parks and Rec perfected the formula, but at its peak (seasons 2-4) it was a force to be reckoned with. 

Well generally when people talk about sit-coms like Friends and Seinfeld and such, they stick to multi-camera comedies. The Office, Parks and Recreation, and such are single-camera comedies.

And that's generally because while yes The Office is a sit-com and so is Friends/Seinfeld/whatever, they are basically two different genres at the same time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Xavier said:

I sincerely hoped that FB would behave like a well-liked original with long legs and -40% drops, but it's not. It's behaving like a less front-loaded HP sequel, like Goblet of Fire.

Well that's seriously an exaggeration. It's on par to be only the second November movie to get a 3x multiplier after opening with +50m. That's serously great legs.  Better than almost all the pre-thanksgiving releases of the last years (THG,Twilight etc.)

It is still on par to end up +230m which would be great!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, GuardianDevil said:

Dude if you don't think Seinfeld was a better show than Friends was,you are a lost soul. :P

I know some people think that Seinfeld humour can be cruel, and crass but the show's exploration of human weakness is truly unmatched. And by the third or fourth season, the cast played off each other like a dream. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Well that's seriously an exaggeration. It's on par to be only the second November movie to get a 3x multiplier after opening with +50m. That's serously great legs.  Better than almost all the pre-thanksgiving releases of the last years (THG,Twilight etc.)

It is still on par to end up +230m which would be great!

I was hoping FB could end up somewhere between Azkaban & Chamber of Secrets..too bad, R1 is coming.

30 minutes ago, Xavier said:

I sincerely hoped that FB would behave like a well-liked original with long legs and -40% drops, but it's not. It's behaving like a less front-loaded HP sequel, like Goblet of Fire.

Please stop overreacting.

It's had a fantastic run so far, way better than anyone anticipated after its opening.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 9